Warners' Stellian opinions?

• brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

We are about to undergo a complete kitchen renovation and starting to look at appliances. Has anybody ever dealt with Warner Stellian? Good, bad, all the same? They seemed very knowledgable and helpful. It’s been 15 years since we had new appliances, my head is swimming with all the options out there.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

My boss has ordered a number of appliances through the maple grove location. Said his salesman was terrific and always got him a great deal

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I had a good experience with them several years ago. Wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them again. I bought from Best Buy most recently when I was more price-motivated and wasn’t buying a package (for a basement bar). If I were redoing my kitchen and wanted matching appliances I’d definitely consider W-S.

Nice Fella

We had very good experience with the Woodbury store folks, delivery/install, and service.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Whoever you use have them deliver and if possible install. The skins are so thin these days you look at them and they dent or crease.

Cody Meyers

We had a good experience with Warner Stellian 2 years ago. We went through the Shakopee location.

Opie
    Coon Rapids, MN

We have bought a lot of appliances from them and have been very pleased. Great customer service and the prices are in line with every one else. They are our first choice with anything we need in the future.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I bought a Weber Spirit Grill from them a couple years ago during the grill expo. I realize the OP may not specifically be referring to a grill, but I had a good experience with them. They deliver it, assemble it, and haul away the old one at no extra charge.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

They wanted to low ball the heck out of my services and dictate the prices I could charge for hooking up their appliances. Less the 30% what we would typically charge for those services. I would be very cautious of there appliance installation.

Whopper Stopper
    Forest Lake MN

We bought a gas range and a dishwasher from them a couple years ago. Start to finish, a class act.

WS

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

We’ve had good and bad with them. We’re in the middle of a big renovation and are using Ferguson versus going with Warners Stellian. Might be worth a look, too.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

We’ve bought a dishwasher and a washing machine from them (Maple Grove location) in the past few years. I was happy with service, pricing, and installation.

I had a problem with their rebate company refusing to pay up even though I clearly met all the conditions. Warners eventually just refunded me the amount of the rebate, so while I was pissed at the rebate company, Warners made it right.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

We bought 5 appliances from them when we remodeled. Install went well minus they brought the wrong dryer and had to go back and get the correct one. We didn’t buy the cheapest and we didn’t buy the most expensive, but we’ve had issues. I didn’t buy the extended warranty, but we had to put $300 into the dishwasher after 15 months. Since day one its never cleaned dishes well and does not dry them. Our washing machine went out 18 months after we bought it. Was quoted $450 for repair, but was able to do it myself for about $250 in parts. Both these issues are more the fault of the manufacturers, but if I bought from Warner again I would do more research rather than trust the salesperson and I would get the extended warranty.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

We did a full kitchen, washer / dryer, and garage fridge (with garage kit). Impressed with all of it. They are very knowledgeable, at least the reps I have dealt with.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

The skins are so thin these days you look at them and they dent or crease.

Speaking of thin skins…
    I had my basement fridge stop working just before Thanksgiving. It was the compressor and 16 years old so not worth repairing. Basic fridges were still hard to find but found one at Warners Stellian. When they delivered it, it had 3 gouges on the main door, one down to bare metal. I pointed it out and the lead delivery guy said I could accept it and get a discount and some touch up paint or they could take it back and deliver another one. Since it’s a basement fridge I accepted it and got $100 back.
    I told him other than the damage I liked how everything else went and would consider them again.
    P.S. There is an appliance repairman in my neighborhood and he said not to get the the foreign brands. It can be hard to get parts when they breakdown. He said stick with GE or Whirlpool.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

P.S. There is an appliance repairman in my neighborhood and he said not to get the the foreign brands. It can be hard to get parts when they breakdown. He said stick with GE or Whirlpool.
    [/quote]

A friend of mine bought new Samsung appliances a few years back. Ice maker quit/broke after it was out of warranty. She could not get parts for months and it was just under $500 to get it fixed. She took the salesman’s recommendation. She would never buy foreign appliances again.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Thanks for the replies! Brand is another issue. I’ve heard and been told by a few sales reps now to stay away from Samsung.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I have heard that Samsungs are great till something breaks, then, they’re super expensive to fix.

Our kitchen had a set of GE Profile appliances–I was not impressed with them. I replaced the DW with a Kitchen Aid, which I have been very impressed with. We replaced the fridge with a Whirlpool. It’s not as fancy as the GE, but so far, it’s kept things cold.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

We have replaced all our major appliances through them over the years. Always a good experience.
    When your head is swimming with options and you aren’t an expert like me you find a good salesman and let them help you decide. Good salesman care about their customers and want them to get the right appliance for their needs and cost.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

We walked in and were greeted immediately. Told her what we needed and she took us on a 2 hour (yes, 2 hour) run down on what they had. She knew every spec on everything they had. Very impressive. I checked out mentally about an hour in and the wife took over.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

All Inc. On Plato Blvd are good people to deal with. We did cabinets and appliances through them and it was a breeze.
    We got a washer & dryer from WS and it went just fine.

Umy
    South Metro

Youre asking – i’m telling
    Front load washer and dryer – Apple Valley Store
    Newly tiled laundry room – got enough clothes cleaned for a week. Old appliances sitting in garage to take away
    They argue about taking away and want my help
    THe washer is broken out of hte box – guy on phone goes round and round with me says maybe next week – I said maybe tomorrow latest as I just dropped $2400 on this and broken out of the box
    Come next day drop off new one – bearing shot – guy on phone says no – I hold phone to washer and he says oh, sounds like a bearing
    Next day third one arrives – won’t even turn on
    they did not even TEST these before they leave – I watch to make sure – not my job to tell them.
    I go to the store to talk to manager and he blows me off!
    I BROUGHT the new ones back and hooked up my old ones
    Will NEVER STEP foot in a Warner Stellian store again.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Youre asking – i’m telling
    Front load washer and dryer – Apple Valley Store
    Newly tiled laundry room – got enough clothes cleaned for a week. Old appliances sitting in garage to take away
    They argue about taking away and want my help
    THe washer is broken out of hte box – guy on phone goes round and round with me says maybe next week – I said maybe tomorrow latest as I just dropped $2400 on this and broken out of the box
    Come next day drop off new one – bearing shot – guy on phone says no – I hold phone to washer and he says oh, sounds like a bearing
    Next day third one arrives – won’t even turn on
    they did not even TEST these before they leave – I watch to make sure – not my job to tell them.
    I go to the store to talk to manager and he blows me off!
    I BROUGHT the new ones back and hooked up my old ones
    Will NEVER STEP foot in a Warner Stellian store again.

What brand appliance were they?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Shop model #’s. Ask if rebates are available.

Never had an issue with WS. All Inc is very good as well.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Talking to salesperson is great. I always say, don’t have much time but make sure it’s the right size specs.

The delivery time scheduled is kind of errrggghh…not sure or not able to fully confirm until the day of coming out to deliver, two weeks out plus. I guess that’s kind of normal for all delivery if they’re behind.

The delivery guys were great.

tim hurley

The brands they have are good and they know their products, service before you buy is great-if you have a problem they do respond but the response is sketchy.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.