Walleyes?

• ssperch
    Hudson, WI

Hi All,

I’m kicking around the idea of trying something new to me with the rest of the week off and chase walleye on the south shore not far from the superior entry. I’ve never done this before, but does anyone know if any numbers have moved out of the river and down the south shore of the lake yet?

Thanks!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

It’s my understanding that the best time to do this is September when the water is warmest. I’m no expert though since I have never done it.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Oh, and FYI. She’s a little dirty. This was yesterday.

Attachments:
    1. C7FE1AB3-9EFE-485D-8FF0-7783128F7CA0.png

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

WOW! A little dirty is an understatement!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That’s a crazy cool pic, thanks for sharing!

To the OP Team Crush Outdoors Charter has been running into a few eye’s out on the big lake per their FB page. Not sure if there are sufficient #’s or concentrations to put a pattern together, but they’re out there!

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

There are always eyes along the south shore, some of the fish tagged in the St Louis river in spring have been recorded all the way to the Bayfield area later in summer.
    That said, the water is pretty nasty muddied up as biggill shows, and we are looking at more rain tonight/tomorrow that will not help.
    I know the times I have done it in years past (been 3-4 since I’ve fished it), I have ran down to the Poplar river to Brule river area in mid/late July. Its a run so i need a really decent day in my 18.5’er, and watch the weather like a hawk.
    If you can find a school there are some very nice fish, it has been a quality and not quantity bite for me.

ssperch
    Hudson, WI

Ufda – Thanks for the photo Biggill! I bet if you ran to where it started to clean up it might be worth a shot. I’ll save this one for a bit later this summer. Thanks all for the replies!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.