FLW Championship

• bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

With Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan divisions why would the FLW Championship be held in Illinois? Just wondering why they would do that?

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Remove any “home lake advantage”????

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

Well one would think that….but last year it was in Escanaba MI. Which would be home grounds for both people from Wisconsin and Michigan. Just thought it seemed odd that it would be so far away this year.

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I think it’s because BP is a FLW sponsor and they want us to make a couple stops to fill up with gas.

greg_r
    Woodbury MN

How’s about the winner of the championship gets a BP gas card for 2008!!! See you all in Moline if I have enough gas cash to make it

Hunter88
    Oakdale, MN

I concur with Dave. That being and they have a history there with two past Tour events recently. We have a fellow from Moline fishing the MN League this year, so this may not be a truly neutral site for all of us, but it’s probably as neutral as it can get. I would love for this championship to end up in Devils Lake one year. That would be a blast.

evileye
    Milan Il

Guy’s I think there are a couple reasons for having the champonship here, You have to remember that this is a buisness and the FLW is going to try to hold these events in area’s that will work with them to insure a good and profitable event.
    The Quad cities area (Moline) was a huge manufacturing area until the closing of Farmal,Case IH Catapiller and cuts at John Deere. The city began to go after these big events in a effort to bring in tourist $$,
    There are three Gambling Boats in a 1 mile area and with them came lots of empty hotel rooms, so the area is a perfect spot to hold these type of events,and the city is willing to go to great lengths to get them in here. They even went as far at the Flw Tour Chamonship to get the then director of DNR (a resident of the area) to make a exception to the slot limit for the tournament only, in order to have a bigger show at the scales, this turned out to be a big mistake because Iowa refused to do it, limiting the contestants to the ILL side of the river, Most of the really good spots being on the Ia side.
    The other reason I believe is the fact that with all the preparation involved with a champonship TV ect ,There is a lot less chance of losing one or mabey two days due to high wind or weather on a river as opposed to a large lake
    That being Said even though We don’t have the fishery here that say pool 3 or 4 has there is plenty of good fishing and all who come in for the event can be sure it will be a great time.

Hunter88
    Oakdale, MN

I think it will be fun fishing the Quad cities if I’m lucky enough to make it. New waters keep it interesting. Does anyone know if they intend to fish both IA and IL waters this year?

evileye
    Milan Il

I don’t think the slot limits will ever be waived again, so my guess would be yes ,you could fish the whole river

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

That being Said even though We don’t have the fishery here that say pool 3 or 4 has there is plenty of good fishing and all who come in for the event can be sure it will be a great time.

Tony, is that pool 16 in Moline?

I’m most familiar with pool 4. In general terms, what do you see as the biggest differences?

What would be your “elevator lecture” to introduce a P4 angler to the IL pools?

Sully

evileye
    Milan Il

Jason, pool 16 runs from rock island il to muscatine ia , Moline borders Rock Island and the marina (Sunset) is in Rock Island. If the rules for this event are the same as the flw tour champonships held here you will be able to fish in pool’s 14 and 15 as well. I think the biggest difference you will see here is a greater flow for the most part and we have a huge number of wing dams that makes finding the right one a challenge, other than that it is river fishing, prety much what you do on 4 but not as many fish

Hunter88
    Oakdale, MN

Tony,

What is the slot down there?

greg_r
    Woodbury MN

Chad, I seriously doubt you won’t be seen in Moline!!! I’D be lookin at Cleveland Mr. Unless you dont show at Bemidji so the rest of us have a chance. HINT HINT.

Hunter88
    Oakdale, MN

Cleveland would be nice, but right now I’m just trying to figure out how to not stink this next one up. I fished with Todd two years ago, and man that bite was tough. Hopefully the bite will stay a bit more favorable this year, but zero’s are not out of the question on that body of water.

greg_r
    Woodbury MN

Certainly all eyes will be on a Skeeter, but it wont be mine. CB at home would be my pic for the win. I just can’t do the math and find 30 pts to get you. Man I’d love a trip to Ohio in Oct.

evileye
    Milan Il

Quote:

Tony,

What is the slot down there?

20″ to 27″ must be releaed

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.