Looking for a little insite.

• jmiller
    Blaine, MN

Just wondering what everyone’s philosophy is for pre fishing a tournament? How many fish do you pull out of a spot before you call it good. I say four just wondering what everyone else does? I just figured 1 is luck two is questionable 3 is maybe we have some thing here and four is ok i know we have something here.
    Thanks Jesse

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

I guess in my mind it all depends on if tyour looking for your “numbers” spot or if it is an over or pig spot. Numbers spot I might hit twice in a day quick and pull 3 or 4 fish to make sure there are actually “numbers” there while big fish spots if I hit 2 say on a Thursday I will come back Friday and if I get 2 more or so I am out of there more than likely to draw less attention to the area. just my 2 cents I guess.

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

If I know the area and pick a fish out that I know the spot is capable of, then I leave it alone, If it gives out some smaller fish I’ll give it more time.

Hunter88
    Oakdale, MN

Ditto Erick’s comments.

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

If it is a spot where you have consistantly caught fish in the past then I would catch one fish prefishing and leave the spot alone. I might leave after only getting a bite if I know that it was a walleye bite. If you are fishing new territory then I might see if I can catch a second fish before I leave the spot alone just to make sure the first fish wasn’t a fluke. At least stay long enough to see if you can get bit again.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

I for some reason need confidence in a spot though 1 fish makes me wonder 2 fish makes me get out and check back once more maybe to see before the big day

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.