AIM Weekend Walleye Series – Mille Lacs June 8th

• jim-c
    Minot, ND

AIM’s next event in Minnesota is the AWWS at Mille Lacs Lake(FINALLY!)on June 8th.

If you are thinking about fishing this event get in early to secure your spot- 100 boat max field. Registration closes Wednesday June 4th at midnight! More information is available at http://www.aimfishing.com

Jim Carroll NPAA #13

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

I’m planning on it Jim

I’m pretty sure it actually on Sunday June 8th though isn’t it?

jim-c
    Minot, ND

Thanks Will! Rules meeting is June 7th… Fish on the 8th

JC

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Team Fife will be there. I’m looking forward to my first AIM event.

Should be a great event.

After seeing the strong turnout at Ottertail, even with other tournaments going on the same weekend, I think this one has a chance to reach a full 100 team field!

jollyroger
    MN

Singed up right after the announcement and can’t wait. Fished the AIM Championship as a Co-Angler in 2010 on Winnie to see how CRR worked, loved the format and have been hoping AIM would come to Mille Lacs ever since! Looks like the weekend series has been a great success after the first two events. Great job to all those involved and thanks for pulling it all together.

Best of Fishing,

Shawn Flemming

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Good luck to all of you guys. Will be great to see some big weights on mille lacs again. Where are you guys launching out of?

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Jake and I will be fishing in this one as well. Need to make up some lost ground after Ottertail to get back into the running for Team of the Year.

Best thing about the AIM format is….you can just go fishing, don’t have to worry about any lake slot or even state slots as all fish will be returned to the water.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

I was looking at the AIM site…..quick question about the weekend series.
    Is it boater/co-angler format or do you sign up with a partner and fish with the same person for all the events?

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

I was looking at the AIM site…..quick question about the weekend series.
    Is it boater/co-angler format or do you sign up with a partner and fish with the same person for all the events?

Sign up with a partner to fish the events. If you’re partner is ill or cannot make it, the boater can find a sub partner for that event.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Thanks Pete!

wallster
    Austin, MN

I’m in. Cant wait to try out the CPR format.
    Wallster ><((((>

jim-c
    Minot, ND

Reminder to anglers thinking about fishing this event:

Registration CLOSES Wednesday at Midnight!

Also, AIM has changed the tournament competition hours due to the large field expected and the DNR night fishing ban in place on Mille Lacs Lake. Competition hours will now be 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM.

This will allow anglers more time on tournament morning to get their boats launched and get ready for a great day of fishing!

Jim Carroll NPAA #13

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Wonder if this one is going to hit 100 boats? Heard its getting close.

jim-c
    Minot, ND

Entries will be accepted until 11:59pm TONIGHT (June 4th) We have a few openings – currently 90 boats registered – Max field size is 100 boats

http://aimfishing.com/articles/mille…aim-tournament

AIM
    Presented by Yamaha and Warrior Boats
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Published June 4, 2014

MILLE LACS LAKE BITE HEATING UP FOR AIM TOURNAMENT

The bite is heating up just in time for the AIM Weekend Walleye Series (AWWS) “Alumacraft Open” at Mille Lacs Lake on June 8th.

With water temperatures warming into the upper 50’s, the bite on the lake is improving every day. “You are going to see a mix of everything from rigging, to bobbers, to cranks,” stated Steve Kulifaj, new owner of the Red Door Resort. “Most of the fish being caught right now are pretty deep and we are seeing lots of fish in the 20-26 inch range,” he added. “As of a week ago, there were reports of fish that were still spawning.”

Yamaha Pro Ross Grothe and his seven-year-old son Reid are hoping to take advantage of fishing Mille Lacs to its’ fullest potential since the lake’s 18-20 inch state imposed slot limit won’t be in play. “I love the AIM format of Catch-Record-Release (CRR). We don’t have to worry about which size fish we can and can’t keep.”

Grothe laughed recalling the first AWWS tournament of the season. “Reid couldn’t understand why we were throwing the fish back. It took him awhile to get the concept. I also made the mistake of bringing my Lake Erie net along, which was a little big for him to handle!”

He continued, “He also had to learn to multi-task. He sat down to have a sandwich, and a couple bites in he hooked a fish. He wasn’t sure if he should finish his sandwich or reel in the fish! Overall it was very rewarding and I felt like I had already won before I got on the water. I’m so grateful that Yamaha is backing the Weekend Walleye Series, giving me the opportunity to fish with my son. AIM and Yamaha are investing in the future!”

Boats will take off from the Red Door Resort in Aitkin, MN, at 7:30am and return at 3:30pm. The awards ceremony will take place at 5:30pm.

Anglers Insight Marketing LLC (AIM™) is a unique tournament organization created and owned by many of the most accomplished and recognizable professional walleye anglers, along with others who share the mission of advancing competitive walleye fishing and making it sustainable into the future. AIM is committed to marketing excellence on behalf of its tournament competitors, the tournament host communities, and the brands that partner with it. AIM is also committed to maintaining healthy fisheries across the nation by the development of the exclusive AIM Catch-Record-Release™ format which is integral to its dynamic events and unparalleled consumer engagement. For more information about AIM™, AIM Pro Walleye Series™, AIM Weekend Walleye Series, AIM sponsors and AIM anglers, visit http://www.aimfishing.com.

AIM Marketing Partners: Yamaha Marine, Warrior Boats, Alumacraft Boats, Nitro Boats, Mercury Marine, Navionics, Amsoil, Power Pole, Worldwide Marine Insurance, Team Lodge, Gemini Sport Marketing, National Fleet Graphics, and The City of Oconto.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

where can we find the final results for this tournament?

FDR

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

They posted the top 15 places on the AIM facebook page. Think someone posted it in the mille lacs forum to. Might not be a official announcement for a few days as they do take a few days for final verification.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

They posted the top 15 places on the AIM facebook page. Think someone posted it in the mille lacs forum to. Might not be a official announcement for a few days as they do take a few days for final verification.

thanks for the heads up Mike.

FDR

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Congrats to justinhunters (Justin Baldwin) and Bob Nitti on the win.

It was a great tournament and we had fun fishing this format. We caught 3 slots on tournament day.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.