New personal best for my Dad.

• jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

My Dad and I were out today doing a little pre-fishing on pool 14 for the IWT tourney next week. Very dirty water and lots of grass floating , East wind. Needless to say it was slow.Late in the morning we pulled into a spot and almost immediately Dad called for the net. When he finally got it to the boat it taped 28.5 ” and was very thick across the back. The scale was not working this morning, but are best guess would be 11 lbs. I have a 12.1 lbs from this pool that was the same length. We ended up with six eyes today . Dad released her , I sure hope she is hungry again next weekend. I’m just wish the water would go down and stay down, but it is heading back up for next weekend . That should make for a challenging tournament. Congrat’s Dad on your P.B.

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Beautiful fish! Congrats on your PB Good luck next weekend.

baldwin4
    NE IA

Congrats on a awesome fish

cupspits

what your dad catch that beast on. I couldnt get any walleyes just saugers and i missed a bunch.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Oink. Nice fish. Good luck next week.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Congrats to both of you! Good to hear you are on some fishable water again!

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

Save some of those for me when I get there friday.Looking foward to 2 days of funfishing for those.(got a trip sat). See you out there.

mb376
    Lincoln, Nebraska

I agree, that is a beautiful fish, and again I am jealous.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Very nice fish. Those big gals seem to be on the tear all up and down the mississippi river.

jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

I will be out Friday also. It might be quite challenging this weekend. The river is going back up to 13.3 ft. that pretty much junks everything I got going now. I just can’t catch a break this year on pool 14. Good luck out there.

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Hmmm. That background looks very familiar.LOL. Really great looking fish. It’s going to be a tough one his weekend Mica. I do believe that we saw you heading down river on Sunday. Good luck on Sunday. I’ll see you there.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Beautiful fish! Congrats to your dad. Looks like the prefishing is more for fun than anything. I’m guessing none of our spots will be holding fish come next weekend either.
    Looks like Friday will be the day to find some spots, then hope for the best. We’ve been getting quit a few mid twenty fish, but that will not help much come Sunday…

JimL
    Channahon,IL.

Nice fish,congrats!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.