pool 16 walleye bite

• toddcarnes
    Milan IL

today we caught 1/2 dozen walleyes trolling a couple areas with very little current and mostly mud bottom ..we got a little bit late start due to the fog so we didnt start fishing untill about 830 most of our fish were caught by 10:30 with the exception of a few drum and white bass caught through out the rest of the day..the past 3 weekends have been pretty good.. the walleyes have been on the wingdams up until last weeks rain raising the river.the corps projection shows it dropping pretty fast in the next week so so hopefuly they will be back on the dams soon.. Iam loving the slot limit in 3 trips out we have caught a 10.4 lb a 7.5 lb and one day alone 5 walleyes that were from 24 to 26 inch i personaly hope they never do away with the slot it seems to realy be working.. good luck to everyone ..

big-muddy
    Rockfalls, Illinois

Todd, I fished pool 14 Sat. The first spot we fished we caught six walleyes, had to let five of them go. All 23″ to 26″. Ended up catching 9 walleyes but only two were keepers. I agree the slot is working and I’m loving it. Maybe we can hook-up over the memorial weekend. Give me a call.

jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

Nice fish Todd . I see you haven’t lost your touch with those big girls. With the water dropping nicely , they should be popping this weekend.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.