Lake Pepin

• walleye
    COGGON,IOWA

Heading up to pepin for the day saturday. coming for Iowa. havent fished Pepin for a few yrs. any info on presentions, areas depths, to start the day off. anything would be greatful, good camping spots? Stayed at Bay City in the past.thanks Robb

riverrookie
    Kasson, MN

Fished the walleye searchers tournament last Saturday and boated abour 20 fish on the north end of Maiden rock flats in 15-16 FOW. Red Tiger Frenzy and Orange walleye diver on lead core. Good Luck

drew-evans
    rochester MN

also fished last sat walleye searchers we were fishing near lake city first lead core deep produced small fish then long line shallow 4 to 12 fow and caught a little nicer fish boated around 20 or so on clown and fire tiger we only had 10 fish that were keeps but with the cold front the fish were not biting to full potential should be this weekend though! good luck

hv2fish06
    Allison,Iowa

I took my uncle up to Pepin on Saturday for the day. The weather was not the best but the fish didnt mind. We put in at Hok-Si-La ramp and started working up the lake in 5-9fow with a few small fish. Went out to 16-25fow heading up the lake and picked up couple nicer fish, but the wind was getting the best of my uncle (73yrs old.)I turned down river running 1.6-2mph and started to pick up a good number of fish. We were using lead with #5 & 7 shad raps in firetiger. My uncle got more with the #5 but the bigger fish came on the #7’s. We caught 30-40 which was great for the conditions and not having fished Pepin in years. Just had a great day with my uncle, Good luck!

hv2fish06
    Allison,Iowa

just wondering if you went up to the Pepin?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.