Quick Trip to Bay Point Park

• jsrevermann
    Central MN

I had been meaning to get down to pool 4 all spring but it just hadn’t work out yet. Then yesterday I was working on a floating dock section made by EZ Dock of Minnesota and noticed one section just wasn’t sitting quite right and I knew it had water in it. So we put in a call to the dealership in Red Wing and he said that sometimes muskrats chew holes in the bottoms and if that was the case then he would replace it. We just had to bring it back and pick up a new section. Well that gave me a reason to get down to Red Wing, but with having to pull a 5×10 foot section of dock in a trailer it left no room for the boat. It is a 3 hour trip to Red Wing for me and it just seemed like a wasted drive if I couldn’t get at least a little fishing in. I couldn’t pick up the dock section till after 12:30 so I headed down a little early and pulled into Bay Point Park around 11:00. With a dreary morning expected I put on my rain gear and found a place to cast out and retrieve cleanly. Well, I only had a couple hours to fish so I tried to make the best of it. I ended up catching two walleyes, the first one was about a 16″ male and the second one was about 20″ and still full of eggs. Caught them pitching 4″ Kalin Tails and dragging them in. Both hit pretty close to shore. It was an unexpected trip but getting to fish for a couple of hours in the middle of a 6 hour round trip was a nice break in my day. It also helped to catch a couple of nice fish too. Both fish were released for another day.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

rooster,
    That’s the way to get a few Walleyes to complete the trip.
    nice going.
    Jack

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

Way to make the most of it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.