Altima Transmission Flush & Fill

• BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

Hey Guys,
    I’ve heard pros and cons about getting transmission flush & fills as opposed to just draining the tranny fluid and refilling.
    My son has a 1999 Nissan Altima due for a fluid change and I’ve heard that sometimes the flush & fill creates problems that you didn’t have before the service.
    Anyone out there with any experience in this area? I could use some advice as I’m a bit worried about what the flush & fill could possibly cause. Would we be better off with just drain and fill?
    Thanks!

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Drop the pan/filter,the reinstall new filter and pan then fill to proper level ,DO NOT OVERFILL

jerry b
    western WI

My old ’93 Chev 2500 has nearly 180k on it. I dump the trammy pan, change filter every 50k, pour in 5 qts atf and drive it like I stole it. If the filter isn’t getting changed, you’re probably wasting your money. I’m thinking this is just a gimmick to part the pidgeon from his bird seed. just my .02 jerr

mule170
    Bemidji

I ran a quick lube for 10 years and did at a few thousand transmission flushs and they work great. The only time there were issues is when the transmission already had problems. Most cars dont really have a true filter anymore. They just have a screen to catch large chunks. I flush my truck transmission every 50,000 miles or when the fluid discolors. You can also drop the pan if you want some extra insurance!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.