pool 16 trolling bite

• toddcarnes
    Milan IL

trolling bite is is going pretty strong , sat we caught alot of fish everywhere we went from clam beds to wingdams rip rap shores, didnt seem to matter there were fish everywhere we went but they all were 14 to 16 inches no big ones. also alot of drum and white bass, monday started off slow a couple 13 to 14 inch sauger and a few drum in the spots we were at sat,so we went above 280 and fished the wing dams on the ia side from the bridge to acrooss from the mouth of the rock , after the small rain around about 1.00pm we had the river to ourselfs and ended up real well with a 23.5 a 26 four 19 inchers with quite afew smaller12 to 15 inch fish coming to the boat. all fish were caught on #5 jointed shad raps in 6 to 11 fow.

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

sorry about the crooked pics , i rotated them but they still come out crooked.

big-muddy
    Rockfalls, Illinois

Still trollin’ that leadcore I see. Were gettin them pretty good on 13 too. Kind of windy on Monday but still gettin’ em.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for the report Todd. Hows that new boat treating you? It looks sharp from the pics.
    Thanks, Bill

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

pretty good bill I like it alot

uhlee1
    Dav. IA

I slayed them today! Oh wait your talking about walleye. I ended up with some of the largest drum I have ever caught today. The biggest being 10.8lbs, but to make that one even better I had one on the other rod at the same time, it went about three lbs though. Lots of drum today and all big. One 15.5 walleye and one dink sauger is all I could manage. All from the I-280 area on monkey puke wally divers. Hopefully I can make it out in the morning and do a little better on the eyes.

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

we didnt do very good up there today either , only got out for 3 hrs from about noon until 3 but we ended up with 6 keepers and one slot fish none came from that area above 280, we caught them all downstream a couple miles

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.