pool 4 report(4-1-09)

• waleyangler
    woodbury,mn

made it down to p 4 today and all i have to say is SLOW!!!! launched out of baypoint and started fishing the mouth of hay creek.fished it for probaly a half hour jigging and pitching ringies with nothing to show. went up to the dam side of the y and jigged and nothing. so we went to the lock side and set up to drift down the middle and probaly not even a minute after i dropped my jig down caught the first and only fish of the day(18 inch sauger).so we went on the mn shore and jigged with a few short hits with nothing.so we started oitching ringies up in the cut by the cannon river and i dropped my pole in the water and went down to grab it before it sank and i ended up slipping out of the boat and right into the water.got back in the boat and stripped to my boxers and luckily we brought extra clothes so i threw those on and headed for home. couldnt stand cold feet..water temp was 37.hope you guys have better luck than we did

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Props on giving the water temp. thanks man I was wondering

guideschoice
    UP of Michigan

That story gives a bad day fishing and a good day at work new meaning

waleyangler
    woodbury,mn

no problem. it varied from spot to spot. some spots were 37 and some were 38 and the highest we seen was 38.5 down by baypoint

llong

was there alot of debri floating or has it cleared out?

waleyangler
    woodbury,mn

i cant tell you if its cleared out with today being our first outing of the year but there was a decent amount floating. some big logs and a bunch of little peices floating and almost a rod at the bottom but i managed to get it while i was in the water

Walleyeman1

I bet the ol’ coconuts shrunk up might fast in 37 degree water.

waleyangler
    woodbury,mn

it wasnt bad i had boxers,shorts,long johns,sweat pants, and my hunting bibs on.its better to be over dressed than under dressed in the cold and im glad i was over dressed today and brouhgt an extra pair of clothes

hookem_9
    Hastings, MN

Thanks for the report, and info on the water temps…

But, you didn’t have to take a swim in it to verify!

Glad your OK, and saved the rod!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Sure am glad to hear you are all right. That is one heck of a way to check water temp. It sure is amazingly fast and unexpected that a person can find them selves in the water.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.