Spawn on Pool 9 Genoa

• mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

It appears we are going to stay in that 42-45 degree range now on pool 9 and with the full moon one week away the bite for big sheebas should increase almost daily…because of the very high flow and high water I imagine most folks won’t go the extra mile to find them in large concentrations.

Should be a great bite for the High water experts in the WAT this weekend. I will be guiding over on Petenwell Thurs – Monday, but I can’t wait to see the WAT winning weights. My favorites are as always Jerry Boardmans team,and Tauscher’s team. I thought I saw Tuna’s name on the list a week ago but I don’t see it now, so if I’m missing it put him in there too. Happy Hook-Ups everyone Lawrence

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Couple of weeks ago I was ready to stake the farm on an early river walleye run this year. Ma nature was quick to put a bid in on the farm with a dirty little smirck however! 2nd & 3rd weeks of April are looking more like it. Last Thursday clarity was very good. Fishing was tough but not cuz of the clarity. That info is about as outdated as tie die however as the river is up nearly 2 feet since.

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

I will second the getting fooled on an early spawn…but I don’t know if the majority of the females can make it past the full Moon, but I have been wrong before. I bet your right though… with a good number of them setting in the second and third week… falling rock walleye should have a nice toruney and I wouldn’t be too surprised if Stoddard Bergen. had a good bite too. Are the perch holding in Desoto Bay still ???

Water clarity has varied quite a bit, from 6-8 inches in many areas to better in backwater and bays.

superdave
    NE IA

Thanks for the report Lawrence. I hope to get out later this week into next week, things should pick up I hope.

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

don’t know if the Perch are still holding in there. haven’t wet a line in the bay since ice out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.