pool 4 today

• .mnmike
    red wing, mn

Finally some decent weather to get out fishing today, a little windy at times but with the sun shining it was easy to stay on the water today. Started the day trolling with no luck, switched over to a grey/pink ringworm with just a plain lead jig and BAM the fish were cooperating quite nicely. No jumbos today but it was fun reeling in fish. The water has gotten signifigently clearer over the last week so I noticed the fish have moved out in a little deeper water. See you on the water.

redneck
    Rosemount

The boy and I had a good day on Pool 4 today too. Similar results to what Mikey posted except our hot color was anything with green in it and it had to be a ringworm. We found the sauger in the 23′ to 25′ range and they were biting pretty good but not terribly aggressive. Seemed we had out best bites with little or no jigging action. I think the bite is definitely on!

ms75449
    Lake City, MN

I was out yesterday. We did not do well with the early morning bite. We tried ringworms early in the morning… no luck. Then we tried trolling 3-ways about 10:00… no luck there either. However, I watched one troller who did quite well in the afternoon.. he was just barely moving up-river on his trolling runs though. Our best bait was the orange/brownish paddle tails. Early on the fish wanted then held still right off the bottom. Later on they wanted them snapped jigged. Finished the day (night) casting paddle tails (purle/white and the orange/brownish) to a wingdam. Pulled 4 walleyes off of it. Both colors accounted for 2 fish. Biggest sauger of the day went 21″ while the biggest walleye went 22″. We tried some blade baits during the day… we picked up fish with both black or orange blades.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.