Alma Fishing Float 03/25/08

• Chippman
    Chippewa County, Wi

We made it on the float at noon the guys coming off were bummed one fish all morning caught on the float they did say the guys that stayed overnight had some nice eyes.
    The first thing I noticed was the lack of current and the clear water. We started out the new fisher girl Julie with a phelps floater on three way while my son Frank, Terry and myself tried a bunch of different things.
    I started with my fav chartruse ringworm and after I downsized jig to a 1/4oz. a little after 2pm a 21inches pasted the dragged ringy and took the edge off my winter blues. Neighbor Terry converted to ringdom and was rewarded with a 19incher.
    Julie was not having much luck so I had Frank switch her to a plain hook with a glow bead and she proceeded to kick our collective butts she ended up with a twenty 1/2 eye (her first walleye)lost a mid twenties plus pig along with another about twenty. She made up for the early releases with a mid twenty inch northern and a pile of jumbo perch the bigggest 12inches.
    The fishing was better with cloud cover and between 5 and 6 the perch were really hitting and a couple of smaller eyes were seen caught.
    The other guys were mainly fishing with the big hair jigs used in heavy current and were not catching fish. So bring the light stuff and keep trying different things most of julies fish came with bait at rest or dragging, there are almost no snags I assuming it all filled in with sand with the low/slow water. All in all a great day to be on the float the guys in the boats were getting blown all over. Still time to shovel the lund out and get ready some rain or heavy run off and its prime time. Chippman
    Sorry have some pictures but can’t get them to load.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.