Pool 3 – 8/1/03

• bri_bigeyes
    Farmington, Minnesota

I got out for about 4 hours last night and enjoyed a wonderful evening with my daughter and her friend, although the fish weren’t exactly jumping in the boat. I’m guessing a lot of baitfish are beginning to use the sandy areas. Recent posts have had good action in sandy areas and this proved true today as well. I concentrated mainly on some backwater sand areas trolling #5 and #7 shad raps in 5-10 feet of water. You have to be pounding the bottom to catch these fish. There still seems to be a lot of remnant debris and weeds in the water in some of the backwaters and one of the biggest challenges is to keep the lure running clean. I boated four fish between 2.8 and 4.6 pounds by 8:00. Fairly slow, but quality fish. I didn’t have time, but dragging a jig or live bait rig might have optomized fishing because of the crankbaits fouling up all the time. I ended the night on a wing dam that has produced a lot of fish lately, but on this night it wasn’t to be. Good luck and keep the reports coming.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.