Pool 8 (4-9-07)

• walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

I made it out below Dresbach for a few hours last night. It was much more pleasant than the previous Friday, but I couldn’t get the fish to cooperate as much. The conditions have definitely changed. The water level on 8 has dropped some. The gates are now closed and the current level has slowed drastically. On Friday the water temp was at 39.4 degrees and it raised 2° to 41.4°. The water is still really murky and there is a lot of smaller debris floating. I was targeting 15 FOW with limited success. I moved into 8 FOW and found a nice sized Northern so I quickly got out of there and went deeper. The Northern were on the bite and they appeared to be in the shallower 3 to 8 FOW mark. I made my way to 18 FOW still without success, so I dropped the plastics and went with a Sour Apple Precision Jig tipped with a minnow. This provided a few more bites. I landed one short eye, had something BIG that I lost, and landed one dandy Perch. Then the day was over. Getting rid of the plastics seemed to be the key, but I cannot be sure since I only had about a half hour to try it. I saw one nice 4 pounder caught and released (way to go on the release ).

Good luck on the water guys,
    Justin

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

Thanks for the report WH. Better luck next time.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Thanks for the update Justin. With the crap coming for weather I don’t expect things to heat up much. Hope to get out and do some pre-fishing Friday.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.