lynksville Dam

• bonseye
    Fayette, Iowa

Headed to Lynksville this morning at 6:00 and stopped at Falling Rock for Bait and information,Well when we got to the landing we found that during the night they had raised the rollers, talked to a couple of guys that were there yesterday and they thought the river had gone back up from the rollers being opened. the fog was real bad the first couple of hours so we fished on the east side along the wis. side. That seemed to be where every one was fishing and the current was pretty calm as long as you stayed on the inside break.a S.E wind Just kept getting stronger as the morning went on so fished to 1:30 this afternoon with only one nice sauger (19Inches) the fish that where caught in other boats were very spotty, did see one 5 pounder caught and released. for the most part it was a fun day on the water since it was my first time this year,the water temp was at 44 deg and the wind could have not been so strong but thats the fun of fishing and with that i can only believe that it is all down hill from here. BE SAFE and bounce it off the bottom.

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Fished a tourney there Fri and Sat. Thursday all the rollers were open, then Fri they closed half of them, really messed up the fishing. Our boat ended up with 4 Walleye. 1 25-26″ 2 24″, and one 17″, and a HUGE 30+lb carp. Really slow day otherwise, no one else had any luck either.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I fished up near the damn at lynksville and saw quite a few 4 and 5 pound fish caught, a 10 6, a 9 12 a 9 10 a couple 7+ and a few 6+ so someone had some luck.

superdave
    NE IA

Mike, was that yesterday?

Rugbystar
    Marion, Iowa

Hopefully they weren’t all kept fish …I don’t want to start that debate but sheesh thats a load of hogs that could be contributing to the gene pool.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Dave that was sat. same day as the tournament. And Rugby I myself don’t keep fish over 20″. All the fish that myself and the two guys I was with went back including the 9 10 and the 9 12. We did not even keep a fish because only two were betwean 15 and 20″. Almost all those fish were released that I seen caught. The guy that caught the 10 6 kept it to get mounted wich i don’t have a problem with. There were a couple guys that kept some 4-6 pounders. I don’t agree with it myself either, but all I can do is my best to persuade these kind of people into my way of thinking. I have noticed that in the waters I fish wich include pools 4, 9, and 10 of the miss. that CPR has gotten alot more common over the last 5 years, but there are some people you will never convince.

Rugbystar
    Marion, Iowa

I hear ya Mike, congrats on the monsters . I keep fish to eat as well but like you 20″ is my cutoff for walleye. I prefer the smaller ones in pan anyway. Good fishing.

sprig
    East Central Iowa

Those are really nice fish.

20″ is my cut-off too – I personally don’t even think the bigger ones taste as good.

Hope to be on the river a couple days later this week.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Thanks for supporting our future walleyes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.