Falling Rock?

• superdave
    NE IA

Is the Rock still open? I haven’t heard anything from Len in a long time.

herb
    6ft under

It changed hands last fall. Phone number should be the same tho. Last time through they were still open.

superdave
    NE IA

I tried the number I had, no answer this morning.

Anybody think a guy could get a boat in there by monday?

WalleyeRanger

did you try the lock-master or call the boat place starks or cabelas, they all would know, let us know cause I want to make the trip also. thanks

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

The last I heard was that the channel was still frozen over up at Lynxville. From what I was told there were people walking out to sauger/walleye fish through the ice just this past weekend. I know the river is still frozen up to the dam here in Dubuque. Those frigid temps a few weeks back made thicker ice on the river than we have seen in many years. It is going to take a while for the channel to open up unless there is a fast melt-off upriver which in turn would make the river rise and break out the ice. Temps the past several days have not gotten above freezing either so if anything there is still some ice being made. I’m chomping at the bit to get out on the water. I can’t go this coming weekend but the following weekend I’m planning on going fishing somewhere. Hopefully the river will be open by then here in Dubuque because the channel/tailwaters open up again for fishing on the 16th. I am supposed to fish a tournament here in Dubuque on Sunday the 25th but who knows if the river will be open by then. I’ve always been able to get on the water by the middle of March but this year could very well be different.

Eyehunter

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

Genoa stays more open than most because of the powerplant discharge. I’d say that Genoa is your best bet to find open water this weekend. I know several guys that will be up at Genoa prefishing this weekend for the WAT walleye tournament the following weekend. Otherwise you might find open water down river in the Quad City area.

Eyehunter

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Talked to a guy tonight that has a trailer at Falling Rock. He said it wasn’t open yet( the river ). Also said Falling Rock Bar has a new owner and I think he said his name was Lenny too.

honda75
    Iowa

Called the old man this morning we might head up that way next weekend hopefully the river is still open up by blackhawk. Dave personally I would go fish further north seems to be more polite people up by genoa(don’t anchor in the middle of the drift, don’t troll upstream) and less people as well as well as more area to fish.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.