Walleye action on pool 4

• mavzer
    Hager City, WI

I targeted walleye today on pool 4, pretty rare for me in June… bit I had a buddy of mine that was really excited about catching some eyes after he got a taste of it last week… Boat control was tough as it was his boat and he was not used to fishing the miss…. (bass guy on lakes) but he didn;t do to bad with me bitchin at him every couple minutes
    We fished an area that usually holds big fish near the dam but did not have much luck. and decided to try and find some active fish on the curent breaks…near rock ledges. and it paid off… nice size fish nothing huge but 24.5 -21 inchers…. and even a couple sauger to boot….I was really surprised, I usually fish plastics ,,, kalins, and power grubs… but they only produced sheephead and whitbass today…. the key was the Hair… purple seemed to be the hot color.,.. and they thumped it hard… we ended up fishing walleye from 8;30-12 and then targeted some small mouth but only found a couple small ones…. .. anyone interested in getting out during the week let me know….. Mavzer

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Did you tip the hair with a minnow or leech? Or plain hair?

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

just hair…

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Hey, what’s up? Why are the cat guys catching walleyes? Pretty soon it will be pure anarchy! Dogs and cats will be sleeping together! What is going on????
    LOL!
    Tuck

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

I know it is kinda bizarre isn’t it… … I did look out of place fishing the last couple days in a crappy boat…. every where i looked there were NICE rigs then me

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

Tuck.,
    I was actually a crappy crappie boat! Need a little info from ya… I will send you a p.m

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

yeah… and Tuck!…. a RiverEyes alert now… Im going to be on the water with Mavzer tommorrow!… so if you hear “ramming speed” ya better take evasive action!!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

I’m with Tuck, what is Mavzer doing Walleye and Bass fishing. Must think the Cats need a little break, I quess.
    Mav and RiverEyes, good luck tomorrow, get back to us, I know RiverEyes will have his camera. We area dying to see a picture of Mavzer holding a Walleye. Jack.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Quote:

what is Mavzer doing Walleye and Bass fishing?

Must’ve needed some live bait.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

You beat me to that Gianni! Maybe cutbait is in short supply too???

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

sorry!.. I betrayed you all… but that Mavz is kind of camera shy.. and when he brought in his walleye he did not want pictures!.. said something about catchin a bigger one… and… well… we didnt!… the bite was a bit off… mavz was using bucktails and they clearly were better than ringworms which I used… the fish were hitting those short.. I had one bit off right behind the hook.. and missed a handful of other solid hits…..

o.m.f.t.
    Rochester Minn

Was trying to hook up with mavz to fish out of hoksila but he didn’t know where it was. That was wed. I got alot of 14-3/4″ walleye’s tried standing on them, still not big enough. Went out again today and fished starting 10:00 and by 2:30 had caught my limit, biggest 22″. Life is good but I watched those tourney guy’s jump and give high five’s to each other. You know how dumb I look jumping and high fiving nobody. Great day to be fishing, and then you catch one, what a bonus Run into Dustin guiding and of course doing a great job. Guess what—-I’m going to do it again tommorrow . Good luck to everyone.

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

I had a great day with rivereyes on the water but the walleye bite was slow… I cought my share of big drum… that fooled me a couple time.. I did keep a 18 in eye and about 6 or 7 whitebass to smoke down at everts….. Went back out fishing for a little bit after rivereyes left for work …

stop down to everts and try some smoked fish if ya have time anyone…. just don’t touch my trout! I think there is whitebass, and carp already done it the frig and there is a bunch more whitebass and a walleye soaking in brine for tomarrows smoke… they go great with beer!!! Rivereyes tried to get me to smoke some sheephead for the pup… but i refused …..

Hope to get out with o.m.f.t soon.. and learn some more water than my limited stretch (youngs cabin -to-the dam) this website is a great resource… and everyone has been great!! I did see Dustin back at the launch sucking on a schmidts and cleaning fish…. so all is well in his world…

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

Rivereyes tried to get me to smoke some sheephead for the pup… but i refused …..

Good thinking Mavzer!!! Good Thinking indeed!! You KNOW if you’d have done that you’d be in a position of having to try some yourself! Besides, you didn’t want me to find yet another way to say “they’re pretty good”, did ya?

Good Humor!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.