Lynxville/Guttenburg Reports?

• fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

I have not seen any recent reports from Lynxville or Guttenburg on here in a while. Has anyone been out in the past few days at either location? I fished Guttenburg the weekend before Christmas with a couple friends and we did OK on the saugers. No big fish up by the dam but one of my friends caught an 18-1/2″ sauger and my other friend caught a 20″ sauger downstream along the edge of the channel. Both very nice saugers to be sure. We were all using purple twisters on 5/16 oz jigs but I could only seem to hook up with the small fish . I’d like to head up this coming weekend and was just curious how the bite has been lately. I did notice a few boats out at Dubuque this past weekend as well. None up by the dam as the river is closed to fishing up there but they were fishing downstream. One boat looked to be fishing a wash hole below the end of a wingdam and he was there for a couple hours so I would imagine whoever it was was on some fish.

Eyehunter

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

dont know about guttenberg dam but the fish have been going well at the upper power plant in cassville,90%saugers but not runmning real big. Stick to the channel edges and youll do ok .Alot of untouched areas on this pool,with the low water your big fish will no doubt come off of the ends of the rock piles yet, unheard of at this time of year. Going to get after them myself this w end,let me know where you r headin and ill keep my ears open

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

esoxellent, how’d you do? Where is Cassville and what pool is it on? Thanks for the report.

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

Cassville is on pool 11 downstream from Guttenburg. I have heard that a few walleye have been getting themselves caught on wingdams down here in pool 12. I’ll probably end up saving the gas and just go down here in DBQ. I’m not one for playing bumper boats in the tailwater areas anyway. There are many deep wintering holes for saugers all up and down the river if a guy wants to target saugers.

Eyehunter

honda75
    Iowa

look below under the cigar fest at guttenburg. We were there twice last week and had decent luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.