Whats better Guttenberg or Bellvue

• tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

Anyone been fishing either Guttneberg or Bellvue. Which one is better?

plasticman
    Dubuque, IA

Both are better than Dubuque.I talked to a couple of fellows that fished Dbq. today with not much success.I have heard that some fish are being caught at both places. Drive to the closest and use the extra time in the boat.Thats my thought only. Maybe some one can give you better info. I’d be interested also. Plasticman//////////

redman
    Marion Iowa

I plan on trying Guttenburg this weekend and will post how I did or did not do!

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Thanks Redman, I’m still looking for a place to head the 12th where I have a chance at boating a fish.

tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

Gobs of small ones. 3/8-1/2 with 1/2 being better because of cuurent hair jigs(fire tiger, orange and chartruce, three ways with bare #4 hook was working well also. there were 4 nice walleyes caught in 8 hrs on the west side by the do not enter sign. biggest being around four pounds. lots of small walleyes and saugers roaming the river. gates were open. fun day though. went through a lot of minnows. watch out for the DNR. they are undercover and busting people. they were fishing behind the don not enter sign and then would bust people who were in there. good luck. weather might put a damper on things.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

That sounds kind of like entrapment.

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

If your not doing anything wrong,you’ve got nothing to worry about.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

you are right. I think it is ok to be there undercover but to fish above the signs to tempt others in is pushin’ it a little.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.