Pool 2 – Thurs 6/22 Report

• Jira

Headed out about 4pm with a good friend on upper pool 2 tonight… what a beautiful evening on the river. Temp was around 80, nice beeze, no bugs — perfect.

It was my first time out there this year and we decided to pull some #7 cranks in and around wingdams… with the good action that followed we ended up doing that all evening. Upstream bite was best @ 2mph/gps. Landed 18 walleyes, 3 smallies, and a VERY plump striped bass. Largest eye was 23.5″, average 17″-18″ with only one under 16.

Quality fishing like that, after work, right in the heart of the twin cities reminds me how lucky we are to have the river. Also, special thanks to Dave Berdahl (IDA’s DaveB) for introducing me to that stretch of the river a couple years back!

Tight lines,

JJ

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Nice to here you are getting some results out there. I hope to get out again this weekend.

BTW-we will have to get out together again sometime, that was a fun night.

Jira

Anytime — my PM works!

I talked to my dad about joining me down there next Thursday (6/29) so I might be back down there again then.

Also quick update on the shorty… 73 days on soft water 2 years ago, 6 days last year and I’m up to over a dozen days already this year!! Whoot!

Who says kids will change your life?!?!? P

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I am taking someone from work out next Friday. I hope to squeeze a night in before then.

Wallace
    St. Paul, MN

Thanks for the report Jicky. Was out last night and trolled some shorelines in about 8 feet of water. Fished about 4 hours and pulled in 3 eyes between 21 and 24 inches. Talk about low water huh? The river is really down for this time of year. Heading out again tomorrow.

Have a good weekend and tight lines to all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.