Anything happening on pool 10?

• 192-fazer
    Cedar Falls Ia.

I haven’t heard anyone doing anything on pool 10 in a while. Thinking about meeting a buddy up there for a combination fishing and Cabelas shopping trip. And by the way where is Len Warland, I miss his posts. Is the water low, high, or stable. I would think that the wing dams would be producing this time of year. If anyone has any suggestions on where to start I would greatly appreciate the information. Also what are they hitting on.
    Gaylen

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

I don’t know how the fishing is up on pool 10 but it has been very good down here on pool 12. The wingdam bite has been good to very good. The water is somewhat stable right now. I would love it if the river rose a foot or so and stayed there. It is a little lower now than I like. With the lower river levels casting crankbaits on wingdams has been productinve as well as fishing live bait rigs out near the ends of the wingdams.

I was also wondering about Len up at Falling Rock. I had heard from someone that Len was looking to sell the business but whether or not he did (or is) I couldn’t say. Maybe somebody out there can clue us in.

Eyehunter

maurice

here is a report on pool 10 somewhat delayed–cant attest to the panfish bite however the walleye bite has been very good with a lot of 12-14 inch fish caught 2 weeks ago this saturday about 30 fish with a limit for 2 people–largest keeper being 4lbs bit on jigs and crawlers 3 days later 35 walleyes with 6keepers–last sunday again 30-40 pike with only 8 keepers–it is great to see all the fish below 14 inches–they must have had a heck of a hatch 2 years ago–these outings were in the pdc area –this morning i was advised that the munch was really on the last few days in the harpers area–hope to go again tommorrow.–good luck snagged

baldwin4
    NE IA

My son and I was there yesterday. We started out trolling the wingdams with no takers. So we anchored on a wingdam and casted 3/8 oz black jigs with motoroil colored grub tipped with crawler. We managed to get 4 walleye in the 16-18 inch range. It was very slow. The bass are biting hard on white small spinners. My brother-in-laws neighbor has been hammering the bluegills. Alot of them in the 9″ range. They are using crawler and minnows. Hope this helps

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.