P2 report!!

• ratherbfishn
    St Paul Park MN

I have been fishing cranks exclusivly for the last 5 days on P2 and all I can say is WOW!!! The numbers are not the best but I have not caught a fish under 20″. Yesterday was the best day with 6 fish… a pair of 22’s,pair of 24’s,26 1/2 and a 29″ witch is my biggest this year Yesterday we didnt catch anything on the wingdams!!! Best areas have been rocky shoreline with lots of current. Caught a few fish also trolling downstream

a tad over 28″

just over 29

The fish seem to be pretty spread out. We have been able to take 1 or 2 out of a spot and thats about it. Also yesterday we caught fish on 4 different styles of cranks so there not too picky!!

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Wowsers! Nice fish!!!! Thanks for the report.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nice fish Joe! Do they fight like a sturgeon?

ratherbfishn
    St Paul Park MN

I dont know about a strugeon but alot better than a bass!! I actually caught both fish on a 6’6″ medium light and 10/2 power pro… They actually put up a heck of a fight on light equipment!! and no need to set the hook just wait for the drag to start peeling out

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

alot better than a bass!!

That’s right! Nice report, too. Thanks for getting my blood flowing this afternoon.

John

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Cool pics…thanks for the report!

uppermiss rat316
    Elk River MN

You have to be kidding me A WET TSHIRT fighting better than a bronzeback? Catcha 20-23″ Bronzey and try and compare

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

That’s a beauty, Joe….

ratherbfishn
    St Paul Park MN

Quote:

You have to be kidding me A WET TSHIRT fighting better than a bronzeback? Catcha 20-23″ Bronzey and try and compare

I would be more than happy to give it a try… A guy can always use a little more practice catching flattie bait j/k I honestly do like catching smallies but it usually happens on accident

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Quote:

Not taking anything away form those beautiful walleyes..because they are gorgeous hard fighting fish this time of year…..harder than a smallie? That would be a tough one to call. Those big smallies sure are fun. Not sure that is a bet worth betting!

uppermiss rat316
    Elk River MN

Steve I would take the bet……just one problem… I dont think theres many 28″ eyes up here….. I know theres plenty of pig smallies but havent caught a big eye in years up here

Ohhh and I forgot to add I wasn’t trying to take away from those nice eyes either, definetely would be fun to catch……. till Bass season is open

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Rather,
    Very nice Walleyes.
    Congrats.
    Jack…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.