Hairjigs/Color-What’s hot!!!!!!!!!!!

• tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

What color selection is good right now for hairjigs/bucktails…..

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Pick a color any color. I usually have two or three hot colors right now, but of the 20 or so colors Taylor Tackle offers I can’t find a bad one right now. Pretty much the same for plastics. Traditionally, purples, chart., chart/blue, chart./green, pink/purple, red/white/blue, violet/white but I know guys that almost always use black/purple and do fine , too.

tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

thanks for the reply mountain man. are 3/8 ounce safe enough or are u using heavier

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

tfuller,

If your planning on fishing Red Wing with a 3/8 oz. jig you’ll knock’m out by hitting them on the head. 3/16, 1/4, 5/16 should do you just fine.

tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

thats funny. im sure by the 22nd of march the water will be moving faster and it might take a 3/8 to get down. you think the water will get very dirty and swift in a two week period. hard to tell. how is the ice at lynxville.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Lynxville and Genoa are froze in

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

I most often in fun fishing use 1/4 and 3/8s while casting or drifting. Depending on the flow, anchored in current is usually is 1/2-5/8s. On pool ten the other day Len and I seemed to do best most of the time with 3/8s drifting. Ecnook is right about any spot out of the main flow though. You could probably get a 32nd down right now.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Black head – deep blue back with a tiny bit of white along the belly has been exceptional all winter up here. So has black head – black back with a fuscia belly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.