how was the action on P4?

• marty28
    Mendota Heights, MN

Just curious how the action was this weekend on P4?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Awesome.
    Enuff said!
    If you like saugers, come and get ’em! Before Dustin catches ’em all! He just loves ’em!
    Seriously, we are getting numerous 2+ pound sauger right now.
    Tuck

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

It was a tough for us up there, but there were definitely fish to be caught. We did better early and late in the day. Can’t really give you a solid color or pattern since there really wasn’t anything really consistent. But, according to the creel study guy, many limits of saugers were being brought in

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

My sources say blue and pink doos were good,and also heard of a good minnow bite on hair jigs for some.There was a 26 and 28 inch eye boated yesterday for a local boat.And trust me Alvinmac,that is far from the dumbest thing that has happened out on the water here,just glad no bodily harm took place!Just look at it as you have your bad day out of the way for 2006!

futPWTure77
    Zumbrota, MN

AlvinMack, even if some ice did break off and drift down river, it was a small price to pay to see the look on your face when you hit the ice. It was a comical situation as everybody who was watching you could see the ice, but were powerless to let you know about it. I don’t think that anybody down river was affected by it, so I wouldn’t worry about that too much. I hope your boat is okay. Thanks

Tony

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

It is quite the experience to go hauling butt across the water and suddenly see huge sheets of ice appear I have never had the feeling of sliding across ice in a boat until then. Both our eyes got to be the size of saucers

ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

Hey —- happens!!!! Just good no one was hurt, just a little pride … No appologe needed..

terry
    River Falls WI

It was good meeting you Mack, didn’t know it was you – I was in the green Lund Explorer and told you how great it sounded downriver when your rig was trying to be a sledboat. Sure got everbody looking. Like I said, so what. Don’t worry about if you messed up anyone’s fishing. People who fish open water in January have very good dispositions. Besides, when you broke it in to all those small pieces, we didn’t have to worry about that big chunk that was on its way down.

Crankbait

The action for us was about as others have described. Lots and lots of saugers. Biggest fish for us was a 21″ sauger caught in about 12′ of water later in the day. We stayed with the vertical jig bite the whole time as I had three other guys in the boat so pitching or dragging might have been a little tricky. The strikes we were getting on the doos in that shallower water were absolutely bone jarring!

Tuck,
    We came kinda close to you on our final drift and I could see you were in pretty shallow. I hope we didn’t make to much noise as we were packing up to leave. I tried to move out deeper before everyone started stomping around in the boat.

Saw a lot of familiar faces from the site but didn’t have many good opportunities to say hello . Hopefully next time!
    Chris

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Didn’t even notice! Should have said !

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Hey Alvinmack!
    If I remember correctly you have a riverpro. You would have to do something really crazy to come close to the stuff Fishhead does with his. I think he tries to put dents in his!

dd

prieser
    Byron, MN

Sorry to hear about the boat, that reall sucks. Now that I have finally made it down to the river I actually recognize some of you guys. I had the ’05 Tracker on Saturday afternoon. We had most of our luck pulling three ways (blue and orange colors) were bringing in the saugers until the sun went behind the clouds. Then the walleyes started hitting right at dusk, pulling and pitching plastics . All total we only landed 7-8 fish, but we didn’t get there until about noon. We will be there again on Wednesday, see ya there

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Hey Prieser I do remember your boat. That is a sweet ride

prieser
    Byron, MN

thanks I love the boat. 60mph is bleeping cold at those temp. I had to do it though, my buddy dared me.

prieser
    Byron, MN

Quote:

It’s even colder after pissing your pants on a big iceberg and then crawling back down river to Everts with your bow mount trolling motor…..

Yeah but I bet it was nice and warm to start with.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

That was you launching the Tracker when we did. WOW! What a boat is right! Thank God it was warm, because I thought the drool would have froze to my chin! That Verado is quite a sight!
    Tuck

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Prieser, that is one nice looking rig. You were just getting started as we were running back to the resort. How do you like the Verado?
    I can’t add much to the reports, except that the white super doo won it in the numbers game for us, with the chart pepper paddle tail coming in a close second. Here is a pict of a few that made it to the pan for a friday night fry with beans and doritos. No wonder we were all stinking up the river on sat. morning.
    I hope the camera adds 20 lbs, or I have to go on a diet.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Ok, one more picture. Here is my buddy Putz with a saugzilla that I tried to take credit for. She taped in at 20.1. Saug was cpr’d.

Jami

DRAKE
    ROCHESTER, MN

I fished with Prieser saturday & yes his boat is very nice & fast!! but that doesn’t catch fish. I will stick with my tiller, less $’s & better on gas.

c-ya on the water wednesday if ya go.

prieser
    Byron, MN

So far so good on the Verado. It is quieter than the Yamaha’s and the milage is pretty good to date. When I bought it my nieghbor was trying to figure out why they put a refigerator on the back of my boat. Hey ritt, I blame the camera too See ya on the river.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Prieser, did you get an 18 or a 21′ Tundra? I’m a big fan of the 18 and hear great things about the 21. Both are 60mph boats with max HP.

Steve Vick
    New London, MN

Quote:

And trust me Alvinmac,that is far from the dumbest thing that has happened out on the water here,just glad no bodily harm took place!Just look at it as you have your bad day out of the way for 2006!

Oh ya…I forgot about the 225 hp Suzuki sitting on the bottom of the backchannel …..and i’m sure no one would ever throw an 18lb anchor out of the boat and let the rope fly through their hands as the rope grabs about seven #5 shad raps sitting on the carpet of the boat and all seven of them get burried to the bone of their fingers….. .

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Oh ya…I forgot about the 225 hp Suzuki sitting on the bottom of the backchannel

Actually… there’s only “half” a 225 ‘Zuki sitting on the bottom at the turn to Funks…. lol

What about the guy that dropped his Ranger off his bunk trailer on to the concrete at the resort… two weekends in a row?! That’s really the DUMBEST thing I can recall happening. Once is excusable. Twice in 7 days gets you a Darwin or something.

Nothing like having to shove a fiberglass boat back up onto a trailer using the bucket of a bobcat while all the onlookers place side bets on how far the fiberglass chunks will fly… lol

Steve Vick
    New London, MN

Sad thing was…that wasn’t just in the same week….that was on consecutive days!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

No way! I thought it was back to back weekends… lol

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

So Tuck, you’re saying I need to go on a diet? I think I need to fish with Chap more, I look much smaller next to him or Gary! But the yellow jacket hasn’t made an apperance to date, hopefully at the gtg it will come out.

Jami

Dean Marshall

Those kind of comments will not win you “employee of the month” Dont get me started on some of your better moments.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Dean;

How is the fishing going to be in 2 weeks from this past Monday? What color will be hot?

Dean Marshall

Vick put you up to that didnt he? You guys live to stir it up!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.