Pool 8-9

• mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

THE EYES ARE ON THE WING DAMS. UP TO 7LBS-FIVE SHEEBAS IN 1 1/2 HOURS AND STEADY FISH FOR 12 HOURS STRAIGHT. MOSTLY ON THE TOP OR FRONT AND BACK LIPS. DIVERS , RAPS AND HOTIES ALL WORKED HAVEN’T SEEN THIS HARD A MOVE TO WING DAMS FOR COUPLE OF YEARS. IT HAS ALREADY BEEN STEADY FOR ABOUT A WEEK AND A HALF- I ASSUME THE Rapid drop in water did it? Lawrence

Beaver

Thanks for rubbing salt in my wounds. Birthday party for a neice this weekend, wedding next weekend…..anybody want to stand in for me for a couple weeks? It figures, when the river was high and ugly,there was nothing going on. Now when the fishing is picking up, my freakin` social calender has to be full……there`s no justice.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I hear ya, I have 4 weddings this fall I have to attend, one is mine, but I’ll see if I can find a replacement if the fishing is really good. Two of them are on the weekends I want to be on the big pond pulling plugs at night. Life plays some cruel jokes on us sometimes!!

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Hey Beav,

Looks like you didn’t miss much. With the high hot sun only about 1 1/2 of bite early morning and just before dark. No more sheebas, but they are just setting there on the electronic laughing at us. Putting it all into perspective two young men one of which knew me , (I didn’t figure out who he is) walked out onto the dock and asked us how we did. Then he told us that they had gotten a 9 1/2 lber right away in the morning. The young man then dejectedly looked away as he said it was the only keeper they were able to get. I said wryly ,ya thats tough . Then I said , BUT YOU GOT A 9 1 /2 POUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. He looked back at us and said, OH YA!!!!!!!!!!! Must have been the heat ??? Lawrence

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.