Help!! Hidden Falls

• markvan
    Owatonna

I have to spend Thursday & Friday in Mpls. for work. I thought I would try some shore fishing below the Ford L&D. tonight and Thurs night. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. What to use, how, etc.

Thanks for any input.

Mark

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

If I had to be shorebound, I would most likely get some wallydivers or some other crank thats not TOO expensive and I would cast parrallel to the rip rap and work the shoreline… should be good for SOMETHING (besides snags)…. oh, and of course I would also use/try some rattle traps (traps), they are a bit cheaper and they are easy to cast and effective in shoreline situations…….

though maybe some of our other members will hear your plea and be able to pick you up for a bit of boat fishing?

markvan
    Owatonna

Thanks for the response! I hope I don’t lose too many. I’ll let you know how I do!

markvan
    Owatonna

RiverEyes: Once again thanks, fished at the park caught lots of sheephead and then at 9:30 caught two eyes. # 7 firetiger shad rap. the park closes at 10:00pm so had to leave just as it was starting to pick up.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Hey Mark,

I plan to be out there tomorrow evening. I’m scheduled to have some guys with me, but if they can’t make it, I would be willing to share a few hours in the boat if you want??? I’ll be driving the Red GMC with SD plates. I’ll have a lund renegade on behind me. Even if we can’t hook up, give me a wave!!! If I’m alone, make sure you flag me down.

markvan
    Owatonna

Hey Waterfowler: Sorry, I got tied up at work and didn’t see you reply. I did not make it down to the park either. Hope you had good luck down there,

Mark

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

My partner had a good night. He caught a little of everything. We slurped up a few cold ones and enjoyed a very nice evening on the water. Biggest eye was about 22″, biggest carp was about 40″, was a nasty fish it was. There were several shore fisherman down there, but noone was waving at me so I figured you must not have been there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.