pool 4 Monday

• Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

hi ALL, yes I said Monday. and it was pretty darn cold, my fishing club had our last outing of the year this last weekend and my day was monday. we had 2 boats go on sat. 3 on sun, and 2 on monday. and with our two boats on Monday, we were literally the only boats on the water the entire day. Talk about having the river all to ourself. Sure could have used 4 or 5 more water degrees. Sounded like over all numbers and quality were down. water temps monday was an honest 32 degrees, yes we have had some cold temps but 32 this early is ridiculuous. Steve thought the power plant may have been down for a few days. that would explain the colder water and ICE… because of the cold temps took our time getting down to Evert;s. got up to the dam area around 10am. started with trolling cranks, while my partner was rigging his outfit, I dropped over the side a superdoo, and immediately caught a small sauger. well jigs were workin. made three passes with cranks and got nothing, except for a good size Paddlefish.( tail snagged), sure thought I had on a 12 lb Walleye. oh well. around 1130 am the roller dam people, or they might be the roller damn people, not sure which. lowered the rollers, the clean water that was coming from under the rollers changed to all kinds of woods and debris blowin now over the top of the rollers. including 2 pieces of poles 12 inches diameter by 15 feet lone, all kinds of woods and crap, after 30 minutes of this the entire area above the Y was all debrised up. all I could think of, there goes the trolling for now. I elected to start jigging some ringworns and superdoos. got a few fish right away. many small fish were hitting these baits also. In our club to count we need saugers to be 14 inch min. and walleye start at 15 inch and bigger. with the many smaller fish I managed a 16 inch sauger and a beauty 20 incher. moved over to the wisc side and found some good hooks in 30-32 feet and put down a chart ringworm, got a few more point saugers and another 20 incher. there was too much ice over the entire MN side between the wingdams that it made it all but impossible to try for any sunset shallow fish. took a look at it. but only stayed there for about 10 minutes then left for the day. ICE was building up on the edges of the shore at Evert’s, hope it doesn’t create much of a problem for Steve. anyone hear if the power plant is down ? So a pretty tough day, but some numbers of smaller fish for action to help stay warm(er). and with two great looking, fat 20 inchers thrown in, all in all, it was good, it was cold, but we were fishing and not working. Life is Good. Jack.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Nice Report Jack!…. thanks… your a brave soul to be out there on a day like that….. sounds like the Doo bite is still on a bit… Ive had great luck with them all fall and they have been my go to tactic for the last month.. though Ive tried a few other things….

pfluggy
    ROSEMOUNT, MN

HI JACK, I HEARD MINN. HAS TO FIND MORE STORAGE SITES. IF THEY DONT SOME PLANTS MAY BE SHUT DOWN,REDWING WAS ONE OF THEM.GLADE TO SEE YA GOT OUT ,AND GOT YOUR LINE STREACH WE WLL SEE YA ON THE WATER

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.