The mystery continues

• Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Attatched is a picture of a sauger I caught today and it has the same “beaten up” dorsal fin like the 2 walleyes Dustin caught last week. I also released a small sauger that had the same thing….????? Does anybody have any answers? Maybe i’ll check with the boys at the Lake City office and see what they know about it.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Please investigate and let us know Steve.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Great pic Steve. I’ve had to take a few pic like that. Here is one possible guess. I don’t know how the roller systems work on the dams here. In SD, the hydro dams have huge turbines that are rotated by water flowing over them, in turn creating electricity. Well, fish from the lake often travel through the turbines and get deposited on the downriver side. It’s common in the fall when were fishing the tailrace to see fish that appear to have been “through the ringer”. My point, do you think the roller gates could be causing this to fish fighting to get upstream/downstream? Again, I don’t know how the roller systems work.

barc
    SE MN

Hey, do you notice a subtle glow in the dark on those tuna?? Maybe it is some of the long term effects of the nuc plant at Prairie Island starting to set in!!! jk.. lol…
    barc

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

I think that sauger was sleeping in Bay Point Park and the Demon ice gottem. No really my guess is that it happens to them as some sort of injury as a youngster and they jusy survive it but they can’t regrow it.. My Guess

fireline
    Rochester

I think it happen after it saw that hat on reefrunner . Just my guess .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.