Pool 2 – Wednesday

• dinosaur
    South St. Paul, Mn.

I was able to get out and on the water by 12:30. I decided to run up to the airport to see if there was a bite going there. I was on fish right away. They were in the same area as last Sunday , just off the channel. I caught more sauger than walleye today with the largest sauger at 20″.
    Late afternoon I worked a couple of wing dams and shoreline rock without any luck. I had my last spot picked out for the dusk bite but it did not happen for me. I was off the water at 6 pm after a decent afternoon.
    Dino

DONOTDELETE

Dino, thanks for your report. Were you using live bait or working plastics or both? The river sure holds alot of eyes!

dinosaur
    South St. Paul, Mn.

I used minnows at the airport but switched to plastic for the rest of the trip. I wish my selection for an after dark wing dam bite turned out better. If there was only a way to know if it was a lack of fish or my poor technique???
    Dino

DONOTDELETE

Too bad about the wing dam bite. It really seems that one night a wing dam can be on fire and the next its dead. I’m not sure why but when this happens try another dam and see what happens. Good Luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.