Question on water conditions??

• BassBull1
    Prairie du Chien,WI

I’ve been fishing at Lynx. Dam for quite some time this year and it’s been real tuff to say the least.The guys from up north right now fishing ring worms and Kalin grubs do you have your river down to normal conditions yet to be catching the fish the way you are? I quess I’m a little lost as my water is still flowing above normal and it would be easier to make hay out there with the amount of weeds still coming thru the dam.Fishing current on wing dams is a real pain to say the least! I can take a Chart. ring worm and it disappears in less than a foot of water so I’m thinking our water clarity isn’t what it should be either.So what I’m asking I quess is what are the conditions you have as far as water flow(speed)and water clarity to be fishing even at night and catching thse kinds of fish? Any enfo is appr…..Bass Bull

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

BB,

I’d say Pools 2 & 3 are right about where they should be for this time of year. The flow was somewhat fast until recently, now it’s back to normal.

Have not been on pool 4 for a while, but I’m pretty sure it’s about normal too.

J.

SNAKEYES
    Iowa

Bass Bull, I fish pool 10 also, and I know what your talking about. I have not done very well on wing dams all year,(and I like to fish wing dams) a few keeper fish here and there, too many weeds and high water, water level changing constantly. I did pick up a few walleyes on ringworms off current breaks, mostly small, but the occasional keeper, it’s been a tough year for me walleye fishing on pool 10. SNAKEYES

bigpike

water levels on pool four are at about normal for this time of year, trolling cranks has been easy the last couple times with regards to leaves, debris etc. water clarity is a tough one since the river never really clears up except for winter time so it seems normal to me and much better from a month ago, hope this helps!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.