Pool 8 Walleyes

• bigblue

Hey guys I was fishing Red Wing Saturday and had a great time. I used the ring worm with great success for my first time. I hope to use the same techniques on pool 8 since I live in La Crosse. It seems like the patern for sauger is ring worms or superdoo’s at the dam, and for walleye kalin’s 5″ on rip rap shores close to deep water. Do any of you full time walleye fisherman have any spots or paterns on pool 8 that are working right now? Any good areas to first try out the above mentioned techniques? Somebody help this part time, duck hunting, wanabe walleye fisherman out. This is my first post, so thanks for any help.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Sure do! Here’s a couple spots that I’ve fished with kalins and had a bunch of success…

Right up tight to the dam, WI side of the channel… anchor as close to the cut-off line as possible but just inside of the main flow of current coming through the rollers. The goal is to be able to cast to the rip rap lining the shoreline that runs east-west, just upstream of the float. That area is shallow and snaggy but can be fished, best as or after the sun sets, with large plastics or hair.

The next spot is the little point, just downstream of the float. Anchor upstream of that point and fan cast this area with kalins. Good action to be had here.

Also, downstream of the I-90 bridge, MN side of the channel, where the sand meets the rip rap. Killer spot here.

Any other questions about this area, just give a holler. Happy to help…

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

James, thought you guys might like to know that there are Kalins in the EFN Outlet Store right now… while they last . Dave Hoggard

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.