Pool 10 by the Dam

• FallingRock1
    Eastman Wi

Well with the cold front moving thru things have slowed abit but you still can get fish on the end of your line.I’ve bee tying some jigs for people and they seem to be working because I can’t keep up(must be the glue). Nothing big as of yet but this weekend should be good.They are still catching eaters below the float and now they have started to show up around the false lock which is a good sign.There are alot of fish around the dam but you will still have to sort.Purple hair is what has been the best producer in this area.They are casting and vertical jiging and hitting fish.

Good Luck Too All

Len

kapnjim

I may fish off the float for part of a day during deer season. I don’t want to bring my whole tackle box along. What would you suggest besides a few jigs? Does anyone throw a wolf river rig and minnow? Can I cast this and reel it in or are there too many snags? I have never fished off the float or for that matter much in the Miss. so any help is appreciated.

FallingRock1
    Eastman Wi

Bring 3/8-1/2 oz jigs,some people do use wolf river rigs but mostly hair or rubber tails on jigs.Stop in and we’ll get ya set-up.

Len

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I caught fish this past weekend on a Lindy rig with either a plain hook or a floater. You’ll want pleanty of weight (1/2 oz on up walking sinkers) I didn’t snag too much, but there’s lots or rocks and fishing line down there. I’d recommend fireline or some other no stretch to a pretty short 2′ or so leader. Just raise the rod, move the sinker a couple feet, let it sit, feel for the subtle tug, move it again. Longer rod is better. Good luck.

kapnjim

Thanks again everyone. I am looking forward to catching a few eyes and sauger. I will probably be on the float Monday, unless I am seeing a tirdy point buck from the deer stand.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.