Pool 2 Report 11-14-02

• TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

Steve,

What part of pool 2 are you fishing. I fish a lot from the 494 bridge up. I have some areas that the bite you describe would fit, current swept sand. I also like the wing dams at the end of the airport, what did they do? The area at the confluence of the Minnesota would fit your description, was that doing at all?I wish I could pick your brain. I have some outstanding fishing on pool 2 but don’t seem to have the whole picture yet.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

TBO/MN,

I have been fishing areas north of the 494 bridge from the airport all the way down south of 494 by about 8 miles. There are a ton of areas like this throughout this stretch of river. Although, not all sandflats are created equal. They may look very similair to the next but at times there are subtle differences that are tough to pick out, and other times I have no idea but obviously the walleyes are drawn to areas like this due to their tummy’s guiding the way to these areas with availible food sources. Having access to deep water very close by to all these areas have been the most solid keypoint that I could reccomend concentrating on right now. I have not been upto the confluence area for awhile now, there a couple sandlfats areas up there may be worth checking out! Also, the dam area could be one the of the best areas for after dark haunts up that way with all the current and sand bars within the first mile of the dam.

One spot will be hot for me for a couple nights and then they seem to be non-existant and find myself to keep looking for spots. I know this is kind of vague, but the night time has definately been better than the day time bite for me in the last several weeks. The backwaters are still producing fish. I spoke to a couple guys coming off the water last night as I was going on, and they had over 20 fish with a couple in the 23-25″ range. They were vertical with jig/minnow combo!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.