Pool 2 Airport…

• DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Just wondering if the Airport daytime jig bite is happening yet. W/out lights on my boat and early darkness the only time I can sneak out is weekend afternoons. Or-is anyone having decent luck on Pool 2 during the daytime w/ any other techniques?

Thanks guys.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Dave,

The bite in the channel at the airport has not taken off yet….at least not the last few trips I have checked it. It could very well explode any time now. Worth a check first thing in the AM. If that bite is not going, don’t be afraid to do a little exploring……

I’ll be down there this weekend, I’ll keep an eye out for you.

J.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Same here….I tried jigging the channel the other night and then pulled 3 ways and bait and cranks without anything at all. Still a fair amount of current here compared to a normal late fall/early winter speeds. THese fish are there, just not in the thick of the current.

I have found the daytime bite to be picking up on the wingdams over the last couple of afternoon/evening trips. One fish on a crank and the rest on plastics or hair.

I will down tonight and throughout the weekend. Maybe see both of you down there. Pull up and say hi if you guys are out and about!! Will most likely be my lab and I.

POWERBAIT
    WOODBURY-MN

I was fishing above 494 on sunday and I left active fish in the channel in mid afternoon. Most of the 22″+ size fish came from the wingdams and were not as aggresive as the main channel fish. I boated 30+fish with the largest at 26″ in just 6 hours on the water. I think I am going to follow DeeZee’s lead and start fishing just before sundown and into the darkness for some of these larger fish on the wingdams to get aggresive. I have been switching off between ringworms and Powerbait plastics with equal success.

mike t
    St Paul, MN

Jon,

I’m trying to talk the fishing buddies into going to 2 instead of fishing the battles on 4 saturday, I aim to win as it’s my rig. Keep an eye out for me, we’ll be in a Alumacraft TP175 with a Vmax. I live right across from Lilydale and fish there & north a lot, but airport/494 is unfamiliar territory. We’re rookies at the wingdam thing but I’ll bring the arsenal and a big anchor. Gimme a holler if you see us.

Mike T

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I’ll be in a olive drab, Crestliner 14 foot jon boat with a Merc 25 on back wearing camo….. I might be invisable! lol….

I keep an eye out for ya. Good luck,

J.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Which airport are you guys talking about?

mudlnthru
    Burnsville

It’s the St. Paul downtown airport. Put in at the 494 launch below Hardman St. and drive upriver until you see airplanes practically landing on your head. That’s the airport.

DONOTDELETE

DeeZee, Good luck this weekend as I’m tied up dog training this weekend in Tulsa. I’ll be on the water Tues. so lets hook up… Zim

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for clarifying.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.