Genoa and Alma, heating up?

• bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Have any larger fish arrived at the dams at either Genoa or Alma? I was at Genoa 2 weeks ago and had to hunt all day for some 16-18 inchers. I talked to a guy when I took out who said they never caught a keeper all day. It’s supposed to be nice this weekend so I’d hate to have to go hunting.

John
    West Liberty, Iowa

We were up at Genoa from Sat to last Sat. The bite was on and off, early the flow was above 45,000cfs and had to use alittle heavier jig to work,hair jigs w/minnows seemed the best(green) took alot of big fish 3+lbs-one 6+(all were Kodak moments).Many smaller greenies and sauger-should be great in the up coming years. Found most of the fish scattered above W/D’s in the flats. Tuesday the bite was good in the snow, as soon as the snow stopped so did the bite. Thursday the flow was starting to come down and we worked the gates with good success(we had the gates to ourselves)Sat. we had our limit of nice 14′-18′ saugers in about an hour. Good luck !

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Thanks for the info John! I’ll be listening to your Hawks and hope to view my Cyclones Saturday. Hope to have some CPR opportunities this weekend. Maybe you went to the real engineering school in that state, that would make us both Cyclones.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.