Three ways and Evert’s question

• Tom S
    Woodbury MN

Made my first trip to Pool 4 on Sunday morning and wow what a fishery. The weather and walleye both cooperated and made a nice maiden voyage.
    I was wondering how large of a sinker you folks use for a drop line near the dam. Had a tough time feeling the bottom when trolling up river.
    Also I arrived at Everts around 6 am just as they were opening. How would a guy make arrangements to launch at say 5 am is there a drop box for the launch fee, do you pay a day ahead of time.
    Thanks for you help

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hey Tom

I use 4 -6 ounces up there when running stickbaits. Keeps good bottom contact and more importantly, keep the amount of line out to a minimum to keep from enraging all the jiggers!

If you show up real early, just go ahead and launch and catch Steve Vick on the way back of the water. I know he wouldn’t mind one bit…. might even appreciate a little extra sack time instead of having to get out of bed at 5 AM to take a launch fee.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Good answer James! I can always use that extra 1/2 hour!

Tom S
    Woodbury MN

James,

Thanks for the information. Thought my sinkers were a little light for the current.

Steve,
    I drive a 2002 Maroon F150 with MN plates and planning to launch early Sunday moring. I will pay the fee that afternoon. Just wanted you to know which truck is mine

Thanks again guys

ted-merdan

James – where are you locating your weights in the 4-6 oz range? are they a pencil style?

Thanks for you help!

ted

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I carry the bell sinkers up to 5 oz. in the store here. Pencil weights up to 2 1/2 oz.

ted-merdan

sounds like a good excuse for another trip to red wing, do some shopping, and stopping in to say hi! now to just slip down during the week…

thanks for the info steve!

ted

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.