Pool 2 – Sunday

• dinosaur
    South St. Paul, Mn.

My brother and I had just got the boat backed into the water and I looked up to see 2 Crestliners coming to the dock. To my surprise they were occupied by FTR staff , James , Dustin and Mike L. It was nice to see you guys up in my neck of the woods. James said that Pool 4 has been crowded and they came up to try some different water. Chatted a bit and then we started to head out. Just as we were pulling away from the dock , Dee Zee pulled up at the ramp. It looked like an FTR staff party.
    We headed up river to try some backwater areas. We did find a few different kind of fish willing to take our bait or plastic. I caught a 21″ walleye that looked like a football. My brother had a 26″ northern that really surprised us. It hit a jig and minnow that was being bounced on the bottom. We also had some silver bass and a couple of crappies hit smaller jigs and minnows. I am glad we were on the water and not home watching football. The wind did pick up a bit but it was a decent afternoon to be out.
    Dino

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Here’s another one Dino got on Friday. (See Attactment Above) Had the river pretty much to ourselves! All these nice fish so close to home….

J.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

It was really crowded on Saturday at Red Wing. I saw James, Nate, DeeZee. Lots of FTR guys. Who is the gentleman in the red Mr. Pike with the FTR logo?? I sure miss fishing Pool 2. I was 5 minutes from the cedar ave landing last year, and a 10 minute boat ride to fishing.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Waterfowler,

I think that may be Bill Cadwell you are thinking about. I saw him on Saturday as well, but was unsure of the exact model of the boat.

Nice pics guys!
    I sure love this pool. I was out until about 9:00pm last night and there was not a sole there after Dustin, James, and Mike left. The fish could of been snappin a little better but was not complaining. Cannot wait until tonight already.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Come on guys give it up!

James, Dustin, Mike-how did you do on Pool 2??? Was it just like kids at Xmas w/ miles of new river, structure and wing dams? Remember-the longer you wait to respond the worse we will think that you did.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Well.. it wasn’t really a fishing trip to be honest. We were working with a film crew to iron out the logistics of a future project. We caught one decent walleye, lost another. I did very much like the area and the near complete absence of boats on the water. Looks good. We’ll be back!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.