Pools 17&18

• theleadsled
    Washington, Ia.

Anybody have a report on whats going on?

wapellomark
    wapello iowa

I was out on 18 today not one little bite!

theleadsled
    Washington, Ia.

Thats pretty much what I’ve been hearing. Some buddies went to Muscatine today to try there. Let you know tomorrow how they did.Thanks for the report.

NKT
    Louisa County, Iowa

Tried it a’bit Saturday (pool 18, Toolesboro). Still was alot of current. Hit all the high percentage areas and didn’t get a fish.

theleadsled
    Washington, Ia.

Talk to my buddy who went to Muscatine Sunday. Said he got 6 small sauger and a stiff neck from the whiplash from it being so rough.LOL Thanks fot the posts guys.

herb
    6ft under

Hmmm, you guys must like beating your heads against the wall. 3ft above normal and 35,000 cfs too much flow.

theleadsled
    Washington, Ia.

True Herb, but when ya got the fever ,ya got the fever!!!!!1

herb
    6ft under

How true! I’ve just been going elsewhere for my cure.
    Go to the corps’ website and see what they did to the guys this past weekend as far as current flows go. Looks more like my jigging pattern. The forecast looks good for this coming weekend for levels but not sure what they’ll do with the flow. I think somebody up there in the “control box” likes to have fun with us now and then, eh,.

NKT
    Louisa County, Iowa

Didn’t beat my head to hard – just pulled out and headed to the lake for more of those crappies.

theleadsled
    Washington, Ia.

A buddy and I went up to Clinton Friday. We caught quite a few fish but 14″ was the biggest. Then, hit Davenport and went up to the dam. No luck there, so we went over where the Rock River dumps in. We double up right away, but that was it. Had a fun day on the river!

NKT
    Louisa County, Iowa

I’m a diehard… or maybe just stupid, but, heading back out today. Went out again yesterday and there were so many leaves floating down the river it was hard to keep a bait down. Have a couple weeks off this month, so, I’ll be hitting it as hard as the wife lets me.

We get enough southerners on this board and we may have to have our own little get to gather!

herb
    6ft under

Good idea Neil. Maybe we could invite the guys from up north. Then again it might be too close to Missouri for em’.
    Hey, send me a PM and let me know how you did. I can’t get out for awhile. Too many traps to run.

theleadsled
    Washington, Ia.

Hea NKT, Which boat ya in? Maybe I’ve seen you out there.

NKT
    Louisa County, Iowa

Would be something to consider. What are there, four of us southerners on here? I’d be up for one of your Fish Frys! : )

herb
    6ft under

As a matter of fact I juat had one last nite. mmmmmmm-good!
    Good luck this week.

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

Hey Herb ! Are the coons prime yet ? I havent set a trap yet but we have had the cool weather. I dont even have any bait caught yet. Walleye carcasses make fine bait but the best part is I get the fillets. Just about to get the nitrogen applied and I will be ready to get after both of them hard. Good Luck

herb
    6ft under

Hi Dave,
    The large coon are in pretty good shape. Remember, cold weather has nothing to do with primeness. Biggest factor is the hours of daylight. I didn’t trap the first week, only this week and starting to pull up already. They’re not running far during this moon light phase. My hours at work seem to change weekly so it’s been hard to get serious with a trapline this year. Hey, if you need bait, let me know. I’ve got several buckets of it put up and you’re welcome to it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.