Redwing Wednsday Dustins Boat landed 15 Lb Eye

• Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Fished Redwing Wednsday ran into Dustin first time I met him personnely. Watched one of the gentleman with him land a 15 LB eye with wiskers. Dustin was proud as a peacock, HE HE……. wouldn`t even let that ugly fish in the boat. LMAO.

Dustin just had to let every know what a great cat fisherman you are. Cat Duster.LOL

Seriously the eyes were really going. 6 to 9 feet of water fishing plastic or jigs with leaches were getting the smaller fish but to nail the 18 to 24 inch fish had to go hightech. Two split shots, plain hook and leaches. Three split shot nothing but small fish, had to get the drift right. Three way river rigs with leeches for us was a non bite. Only picked up two fish throwing crankbaits, and nothing trolling..

Tom P

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Thanks for the kind words Tom! It was nice to meet you and share that little hot spot for the afternoon. That is the first 15lb eye any one in my boat has ever caught and if they all have big old wiskers I guess I could care less if I ever see one again ( no offense to the cat guys) regardless my friend had a good time reeling it in but was a little disapointed that it wasn’t a 10lb eye. I actualy thought about fishing for some of thoose big cats and possibly hooking in to a 10lb eye a little reverse psycology!

See ya on the river!

Dustin

Edited by Dustin on 07/12/01 12:54 PM.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

One more thing Tom I wonder how many views this post will get it has a pretty interesting title!

See ya on the river!

Dustin

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I have to admit I was jealous the instant I read the title. I was thinking that lucky [censored]. Once I read the thread I did get a good chuckle out of the story and my own anxiety.

walleyeboys
    Live in Rochester Mn.

I can’t beleive my “wiskered” friend Dustin wouldn’t let a Walleye with wiskers into his boat. After all Dustin has wiskers on his face. [ha] Couldn’t resist Dustin. Bill

walleyeboys
    Live in Rochester Mn.

[censored]I[censored] [censored]can[censored]'[censored]t[censored] [censored]beleive[censored] [censored]my[censored] “[censored]wiskered[censored]” [censored]friend[censored] [censored]Dustin[censored] [censored]wouldn[censored]'[censored]t[censored] [censored]let[censored] [censored]a[censored] [censored]Walleye[censored] [censored]with[censored] [censored]wiskers[censored] [censored]into[censored] [censored]his[censored] [censored]boat[censored]. [censored]After[censored] [censored]all[censored] [censored]Dustin[censored] [censored]has[censored] [censored]wiskers[censored] [censored]on[censored] [censored]his[censored] [censored]face[censored]. [[censored]ha[censored]] [censored]Couldn[censored]'[censored]t[censored] [censored]resist[censored] [censored]Dustin[censored]. [censored]Bill[censored]

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Tom,

I hate to admit it but you had me going there for a while. Good one!

Steve

<<<Life is Fishing, the rest is just details!>>>

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Bill you have a good point! All though I would like to think I am a little bit better looking than a 15lb wiskered walleye! I guess I could be wrong everyone can see my picture and tell how ugly I really am but I am not all slimy and stuff at least not most of the time allthough I do eat food off the floor on ocassion LOL!!!!!

See ya the river!

Dustin

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Dustin!

Is that food off the river floor or the kitchen floor? *snicker* Good humor post guys!

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

It all depends on how hungry I get when I run out of cold ones!!!!!

Dustin

walleyeboys
    Live in Rochester Mn.

Hi Dustin, I didn’t say anything about slime and etc. , just about the Wiskers! Looks like my son has been adding his 2 cents in by the [censered] post, ha. Did you take a photo for the catfish board? Does this make you an official catfish board member? Don’t knock that new title hey. Nate and I use to go down to Lake Zumbro sometimes in the evenings for a few hours and catch them with worms on light crappie poles and boy did they fight. I’ll be on the river Sat. in Nates boat with him as one of the cylinders is out on my motor and won’t be fixed for another week. Take care, Bill

walleyeboys
    Live in Rochester Mn.

Hello, I just noticed on the [censored] post that I thought Nate did, that the time is exactly the same time that I made my post at 6 pm last night. I wonder how that happened? The only post made was the one I did, weird. Bill

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Bill I did not get a picture, I wanted to take a quick snap shot but my buddy would not hold on to the fish for a picture so I told him to throw it back! As far as being a mew member of the catfish board that will have to be up and coming in light years I have nothing against catfishing or anyone who does it, I know a few people who do it all the time it just isn’t my cup of tea!

Bill, I will be on the water on sun 15th and will be there until the 23rd I am going to the camper for the week if you are on the upper end swing by and chit chat.

See ya on the river!

Dustin

P.S The slime thing, next week I will be pretty slimy so if anyone catches a 220lb something with wiskers please let me go! No photo’s please!!!!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.