Dedication

• splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

“Fishing is the chance to wash one’s soul with pure air. It brings meekness and inspiration, reduces our egotism, soothes our troubles and shames our wickedness. It is discipline in the equality of men – for all are equal before fish.” [Herbert Hoover]

I want to dedicate this thought to all who have lost a fishing partner – and my newly lost fishing partner “KC”. You see,…. today I lost my best fishing and hunting buddy, ……my black lab – “KC.” For almost 12 years she hunted and fished beside me, …. in rain, sleet or snow….. she was there. …..Always happier to be there than I at most times.

From my post you will see that I am not much with words. [censored], I scan this website daily, but generally never post a thing. I’m even still listed as a “visitor” for that matter. That’s OK though. I prefer reading, learning and experiencing some of this stuff rather than typing it. Some of you guy’s are a great laugh. The FTR staff has done a great job with this site and I appreciate the opportunity to make a statement such as this. Thanks. ….And thanks KC for all the fun and good times.

[This is dedicated to my fishing/hunting partner, KC Da Kona 10/1/1987 – 7/8/2001. I’ll miss you girl.]

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

splitshot…. even though I may be viewed as one of the biggest goofballs on the site (or maybe the planet?)… still I have a serious side…. and truly I feel your pain… Im sure many of us hunt too… and those of us who have hunting dogs develop a very close bond with them… Im not saying it HAS to be a hunting dog for this to happen.. but somehow it seems to happen more often that way.. at least for sportsman…. sooooo in my long winded way… I know where your coming from…… I still think of my days with my past canine companions Dancer and Misty…. its terrible to lose such a friend….. and you have all my sympathy……

KwikStik
    Trempealeau, WI

Sorry about your loss. The last two times I cried in the last 18 years are when my dad died, and my lab. There are no good words for these times.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Splitshot,

sorry for your loss, I have a 4 year old German short hair, best dog I ever had I do not look froward to the day when I will have to say goodbye. If you are interested I have a friend who has three black lab pups for sale.

Steve

<<<Life is Fishing, the rest is just details!>>>

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Split,

Sorry about your loss, I too know that feeling. All I can say is the big guy must have needed some new pets. My dad lost his golden retriever this past Friday. She was not fond of hunting and was strictly a pet. She was only 4 years old so we are not sure why she passed. The heat is the only thing he can think of. He felt terrible since it was “mom’s” dog. I wish you best finding a new companion.

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

Thanks for the support guy’s.

I’m not ready for a new one yet,…. but thanks for the offer/info.

I believe I’m going to try it for a few years without a dog. ….we’ll see how it goes though.

Time to turn the page now…………

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.