My Biggest Walleye Ever

• Ryan

I am only 15 years old, so this fish is pretty big to me!

this fish measured 27″ and just weighing over 4 pounds.

All I can say is that walleye fishing is one of the funnest thing a person can do. You guys might not consider this a trophy taken from the Mississippi river, but i havent fished the river much. Cant wait to go again!!!!!

Ryan

predator_2

sure sounds like a trophy to me!

But I would check your scale ….. a fish that long in the river should weigh atleast 6lbs

CONGRAGUATIONS Ryan!!

Ryan

predator2,

maybe our scale was wrong… We own a net with a scale build into it so it could be off a few pounds. That would make my day AGAIN if he weighed more than i had thought!

Thanks,

Ryan

Edited by Ryan on 07/04/01 02:36 PM.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

A pretty solid rule of thumb for summer/fall eyes is 24″ = 5lbs. For every inch-they gain about 1 lb. So I would guess that you caught about a 7-8lb walleye. GREAT JOB!!!

Remember-fish gain weight on the way home, but the ruler never lies.

Beaver

Big pat on the back for you kid. Nice fish! Even a skinny 27″er would weigh close to 7 pounds. I think that I can say to you from everyone here…congratulations. Beav

i

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

dang nice fish….!! and you gotta loose this underestimating weight!! dont you know fisherman tend to go the other direction?? with that in mind… Ive seen plenty of guys call a fish 27 inches long a 10 pounder!! but seriously… for sure it was 7 minimum……

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Hmmm, well I have been a eye seeker for longer than you been alive and I once landed a 5.3lb, (notice the .3). since it took 12 years to get that fish, I had a good lock on the numbers. Congrats Ryan, maybe after this weekend I can report the .3 going to .4, that alone would constitute a excellent summer of fishing to me.

Ps. Use the net option, put a piece of duck tape over the scale reading, IT DONT WORK.

alkfish
    St Paul MN

Good job ryan. That is a great fish in anybodies book. I would have to agree with the others above, it probably was about 7 pounds……..hmmmmmmm, maybe 7.3………LOL

~~~~~~~~~Alkfish

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.