P2 5/27

• ssperch
    Hudson, WI

After a weekend at the family cabin in northern WI it was time to get back on the water to chase some river walleyes. I was able to get out on P2 after work from about 5:30 to 8:30. Managed to pull out 6 fish. One 19, three 25’s and two 26’s.

I started out pitching blades and got one… Then switched to pitching a jig/minnow and yielded no results.. Then to the half crawler and picked up another… And finally zeroed in on a small current seam and figured out that the big girls wanted a full crawler on a 1/4 oz jig.

The key was to keep your jig as close to the bottom as you can and just let it sweep with the current. Once you feel that ‘thump’ and the line moving to the side… set that hook hard!

Tight lines

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

How deep were the walleye? I’ve had decent luck Recently in 1-6 feet of water with a 1/2 oz jighead and plastics. Were you targeting current seams mainly?

ssperch
    Hudson, WI

I was fishing a gradual drop with a seam, boat was in about 16 and fish were holding in 10ish. As long as you could find one to bite and repeat that same cast over and over…. more would follow!

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Wow! Way to figure it out. You got me interested in going down and trying again.

realtreeap10
    Over there

What landing did you put in at? Lilydale or 494 ramp?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thats a nice mess of fish.

procor
    Mounds View, MN

Nice report. Cant wait to get out and do a mix of cranks and pitching. Nice fish!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.