Upper Pool 4 Evert’s report

• erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

The fishing right now is WIDE open. Everything from draggin live bait,trolling cranks, and pitching jigs and cranks to high water current seams is putting fish in the boat. Each day the bite got better an better an better! I could not even take a close guess how many dozens of crawlers our group went through.

We had a large group stay at the resort for the weekend for 3 days of fishing, relaxation, and fun and that it was! I fished from the head of the lake to almost the dam and found fish just about everywhere we went. I focused most of my efforts on draggin 1/16 ounce jig and crawler and speed trolling #5 shad raps. Speed for crank was anywhere from 2.3-4 MPH upstream and as fast as 4.7 mph down! BK was even a witness! As far as depths I personally fished water 4-10 ft. deep but heard more then a few reports of leadcore 12-20 ft putting out nice fish as well so the options are endless right now.

Steve and Kari did an awesome job to get our cabin as ready as it could be with the conditions mother nature allowed with high water and out entire group had a blast up there. I would say the next 2-3 weeks the fishing will be unreal with the above average water levels and way conditions are setting up with the flow and temps. Had a blast staying down there and if anyone is looking for a quiet get ahold of them you won’t regret it

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Eric,It was nice to see you guys again,glad to see all had a good time fishing . I couldnt agree more on the fact the next couple of weeks should be just crazy out there fishing.

See you next trip up

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Also congrats to Zane on a new PB pike as well!

Everts Fishing Resort
    Inactive
    Hager City WI

Thanks for the great report Eric…
    It was great to see the all the kids and Ladies all just being able to have fun and relax. Congrats ag
    (K)
    See ya next time!

Pig-hunter
    Southern Minnesota

Nice report. Sounds real similiar to the weekend I had down there. Fished mainly from high bridge down to Bay City and Can line area myself. I would say the fish are on the move though. From day to day the locations were changing. Still good fishing though!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.