P2 5/24

• procor
    Mounds View, MN

After taking two weeks off from my last outing being a bust and having the truck in the body shop for a week, I made it out for a couple hours and hit the same spots as I would expect some whitetips to be with the current. I was surprised when my brother in law put his crankbait back about 70′ back, held the rod for 30 seconds and wham…fish on.
    We fished four spots and only found fish hold in two of them. We ended up with seven in about two hours. Nothing big, a 21″er was the biggest and the smallest is in the pic. It was nice to see baitfish for the first time for me, once I saw them, I knew it was just finding the right depth and flow, and a bit of luck. The water temps came up nicely from the last outing and held fairly constant at 64.4. Depending on the area and where the seams were, fish were anywhere from 4-9fow. Never tried anything else but cranks as it was the easiest to do with my young crew member. Fun, beautiful day to spend with family. Tomorrow….the Croix.

kwp
    Eden Prairie

Water temps really came up nice. Last weekend they were still in the mid 50’s when we were out.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Nice fish, Procor – thanks for the update.

I hope to get out today or tomorrow.

Pete

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Was able to get out for a little while on Saturday to. Fish seemed to be going pretty well in most spots we fished. Hair jigs where working well on the current seams. Trolling or casting cranks wasnt to bad either. Bass seemed to be pretty active that morning to hitting cranks or hair jigs slowly worked across the bottom.

Sad news about the boy that drowned at Lions Levee yesterday. News said they found him late last night. Hate hearing news like that and its going to be tough using that landing for a while. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.