Pool 4 report

• flanders51

Went out yesterday out of Colville landing. My plan was to hit a couple spots at the bottom of the river and then hit the upper portion of Lake Pepin. For whatever reason, I never made it to Pepin – not sure if that was a good thing or not.

I found a couple decent male walleyes and many white bass in the cuts coming from the back channel. I was trolling mostly cranks, but I tried a spinner rig with some success. The fish were hitting the baits hard. I had a lot of problems with vegetation and weeds on the cranks. I find that, this time of year, getting the cranks right in the slop helps with the bite, but, of course, that causes a lot of headaches too.

By the time I finally made my way down to the head of the lake, I noticed water leaking into my boat. Bad. It was already up to my batteries and the boat was noticeably heavy. I opened up the hatch and noticed that for some reason the plug had fallen out. Great! I proceeded to hit the bilge and freak out a little about sinking. I decided to hit full throttle and hope the water leaked out on the way back to the landing. It did. Now I will never hit the water again without a spare plug. I snagged the plug somehow earlier in the day and I am guessing that made it loose.

Otherwise, a good half day on the water. The water was very high and it made for some interesting trolling.

llong

Thanks for update. Heading there Sunday were you longlining or pulling lead?

llong

Did you notice a difference in getting bit going upstream versus downstream?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.