Scour Hole Poll

• nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Seeming this controversy has gone 7 pages, let’s put some #’s to it.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

So far the poll says the same thing. The majority would like to see ethics change but don’t create more laws

hunter1723

I don’t believe in making laws to create change. We have enough laws in this world and it is only going to get worse. In my eyes the DNR has enough problems managing animals the already can’t explain. We don’t need to add another to the list.

kris_brantner
    My river

If you couldnt fish the scour hole then 9/10 citidiots wouldnt be able to catch a fish on the river this time of year and everts would have to close down haha

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

If you couldnt fish the scour hole then 9/10 citidiots wouldnt be able to catch a fish on the river this time of year and everts would have to close down haha

I doubt it. The citidiots would be parked on your favorite current seam down river. Careful what you wish for.

-J.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

Hold the phone! I thought we were talking about iowidiots and (to a lesser degree) wisconsidiots!?!

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

There were plenty of Minnesotards fishing the abyss last time I was near the dam. Just saying, no state is exempt from stupidity.

john_steinhauer
    p4

It should be you have to keep any fish caught at them depths. Or close the season just like inland waters.

Sam Held
    Rocklake, ND

Quote:

It should be you have to keep any fish caught at them depths. Or close the season just like inland waters.

I agree with the first part, keep all caught at that depth.

Trapper16
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

Quote:

I doubt it. The citidiots would be parked on your favorite current seam down river. Careful what you wish for.

-J.

X2 we need to remember that these people are fishing there because they don’t know how or where to catch fish so they sit it the hole. Make them not be able to go there and they will start following you to your spots (not that they could catch one there anyways) but you will have to deal with the added traffic ?

rembrant
    Waterloo,Iowa

I say shut it down from December 1- May 1. This will give the fish a chance to spawn and get some fish back in the system(saugers).

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Quote:

we need to remember that these people are fishing there because they don’t know how or where to catch fish so they sit it the hole. Make them not be able to go there and they will start following you to your spots

What’s the saying…you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink. Those without a clue certainly won’t hurt your fishing if they follow you around.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Quote:

I say shut it down from December 1- May 1. This will give the fish a chance to spawn and get some fish back in the system(saugers).

Let’s not knee jerk. Overall I’m against gov. regulation, but if it ever comes to that, let’s make it off limits the same day that the inland MN season for walleyes closes. That way all the ice fishermen won’t come down to whore on four when they’re done turning the ice to swiss cheese.

PB2

Not sure why I had my hopes up for this thread unfortunately it turned into the same frustrated old man ignorance that we have come accustomed too.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Quote:

Not sure why I had my hopes up for this thread unfortunately it turned into the same frustrated old man ignorance that we have come accustomed too.

Have a drink man and relax, everyone’s entitled to am opinion. Or did you see over 100 people thought the ?’s sucked

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

HEY…easy on us old guys…..without us you young guys would not be here

flanders51

“Because mankind can circumvent evolutionary law, it is incumbent upon him, say evolutionary biologists to develop another law to abide by if he wishes to survive, to not outstrip his food base. He must learn restraint. He must derive some other, wiser way of behaving toward the land. He must be more attentive to the biological imperatives of the system of sun-driven protoplasm upon which he, too, is still dependent. Not because he must, because he lacks inventiveness, but because herein is the accomplishment of the wisdom that for centuries he has aspired to. Having taken on his own destiny, he must now think with critical intelligence about where to defer.”

Barry Lopez, Arctic Dreams: Imagination And Desire In A Northern Landscape

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

With all the boats in the scout hole today and a few even up past that into the refuge it should be regulated. Hell, we even blew a few stomachs in some sauger… out of 24 feet of water. The difference between us and the scour hole guys, we kept ours. And if a blown stomach happens at 24 feet its happening at 40+.

milemark_714

Ice fishing,I do not like to fish in over 24′.All of my better fish come from shallower than that.And no need to go any deeper than 15′ when fishing at night.After ice out,shallow water is much better than going to the scour holes.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

With all the boats in the scout hole today and a few even up past that into the refuge it should be regulated. Hell, we even blew a few stomachs in some sauger… out of 24 feet of water. The difference between us and the scour hole guys, we kept ours. And if a blown stomach happens at 24 feet its happening at 40+.

Quote:

and a few even up past that into the refuge it should be regulated.

The Refuge IS regulated.

There is a TIP line.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.