Pool 2

• procor
    Mounds View, MN

Stopped by the ramp this morning…a few days of warmer weather sure makes thing open up quick. Maybe another week or so and we might be in good shape.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Did you mean day or two? Would be down today working on it if I wasnt working. Snow blower, chain saws and some rope and that would be open in a few hours.

Thanks for the photos. Heard it was getting close. Might drive down this evening to take another look at it. This is very close to being open.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

On the way to Monticello this morning she’s open shore to shore at the 169/10, crossing over the 169 in Anonka wasn’t quite as good but close. Its getting close!!!

Trapper16
    Lakeville, MN

From the looks of that pic, I’ll be putting in on Tuesday or wednesday

procor
    Mounds View, MN

Your probably right Mike..with these temps, a few days with these 40s+ and and my line will be getting wet. Got the plugs changed, oil changes and just have to to the lower end and here we go! With work slow at the beginning of the month and nice temps, I know where I will be..

procor
    Mounds View, MN

Yipeeee!!!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Made my first trip to pool 4, #2 your next!!!

wideout3500

amazing what a little work and some salt can do. anybody goin in the morning? she’s still locked up from the train bridge up but there will b walters to be had!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Still locked up from downtown St Paul up river. For the first time ever, I say a lot of water on top of the ice around the confluence.

Although the ice is looking a little gray right now.

wideout3500

just got back from a half day on 2 fished from miss pub up to the sunkin barge 2 saugers really slow graphed a few large schools in 22-30 ft turned out to be large schools of cats . lots of large ice bergs. rivers locked up tight 300 yds north of sunkin barge need strong wind and some warmer weather to get her busted up

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Good to here you made it out Bigchair. We did some chipping and salting on Sunday to try to help it along. Hope to be down with the boat tomorrow.

esox23

Anyone know what the channel looks like around lilydale? I’m going to have a few hours to kill tomorrow, truck is in the shop so no boat, but was thinking about shore fishing the area as it sounds like the local lakes have a TON of standing water on the ice right now.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

The High Bridge is out my window, frozen shore to shore. Yesterday evening the Minnesota River had some open water above the confluence as I drove across 35E, but the Miss was still locked up.

I would give Lilydale until the weekend before trying.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

So whats the upper river looking like this morning? Figuring its got to be close to opening up.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Can someone PM me when the confluence is accessible? Don’t worry, walleye and sauger are not my targets.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Confluence to Lilydale still locked up. Downriver of 35E is starting to open up, a little.

Downtown St Paul to the High Bridge still has ice, but a channel is just starting to open up.

Upriver of the confluence on the Mississippi side is still locked up.

I am guessing that you could fish the confluence if you launch on the Minnesota and run downriver. But your options would be limited to the MN side of the sand bar.

wideout3500

still locked up just up river of the sunkin barge as of 10 pm last night .

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Stopped at lillydale today. There is open water out from the ramp. Shelf is about the same as 494 was on the 7th. Ramp is not plowed. Road and parking lot are clear. Should be a go in 4-6 days.

-J.

procor
    Mounds View, MN

Anybody know how the ramp is doing in these temps? Is the ramp still open? The temps have been in the mid-upper 30’s, but with temps dipping slightly below freezing..has the ice reformed just outside the ramp? Anybody drive by lately?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

From what Im hearing guys have been using 494 for about a week and a half now. Not much chance of anything refreezing in these temps. Would bet its still good to go.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

All I see is open water from the window

shamus
    Inactive

Quote:

From what Im hearing guys have been using 494 for about a week and a half now. Not much chance of anything refreezing in these temps. Would bet its still good to go.

How has the bite been for them?

procor
    Mounds View, MN

River is open for business…plan on going out tomorrow and gettin my piece if humble pie

Trapper16
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

River is open for business…plan on going out tomorrow and gettin my piece if humble pie

Watch out for ice chunks, let us know how ya did. Hoping to get out Saturday.

hunter1723

Buy an ice breaker for those chunks. lol

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.